vivek_k
02-12 10:46 PM
Hi ivvm. Thanks for the info. DO EB-1 and EB-2 require LC? Would the NIW bypass LC? Is NIW filing equivalent to EB-2? What is the importance of Job description?
Sorry for asking so many questions. Thanks for taking the time to reply.
Sorry for asking so many questions. Thanks for taking the time to reply.
wallpaper Pick Up Lines For Guys: I like
Karsoo
02-23 12:28 AM
I got married one year ago. My wife was born here and we filed my I-485 and I-130 and I-765 with her.
1- my office in CT state ( hartford)
2- I applied in April 31 2009. My sponsor was from CT and my wife is the petitioner
3- They received my cases and cashed the checks June 10 2009
5- In July 31 I did my biometrics test ( finger print )
6- In Aug 2009 we moved to Michigan and My lawyer is going to transfer the case to MI
8- october 21 they requested some evidence
9- Nov 2009 they requested that the sponsor and the petitioner should have the same address???
10- I changed my sponsor and I have a new one from Michigan.
11- January 9 2010 they accepted that.
12- Feb 3 my Lawyer surprised me and told me that I have an interview in Hartford,CT even tho she changed every thing to MI. She said she has the proof that she changed the address but it didn't update in the system and she blamed the system. she said she is going to reschedule my appointment to MI and she said the are going to send me a new notice in 2 to 3 weeks.
13- Feb 8 2010 they ordered my EAD card.
14- Feb 9 they mailed me a notice that they approved my I-765.
15- My lawyer said they sent my EAD card and the notice to my old address in CT and she said they went back to them and they will re send it to my new address in MI.
16- Feb 22 as of today they updated all my cases but without any new info ( just the dates)
17- I am so confused and I have those questions:
A) Did my case transfer to MI or nothing happen since I moved?
B) how long does it take to get everthing back to the right way?
C) what is going to happen to my EAD card and the NOTICE?
Please help me with this and I will really appreciate it
1- my office in CT state ( hartford)
2- I applied in April 31 2009. My sponsor was from CT and my wife is the petitioner
3- They received my cases and cashed the checks June 10 2009
5- In July 31 I did my biometrics test ( finger print )
6- In Aug 2009 we moved to Michigan and My lawyer is going to transfer the case to MI
8- october 21 they requested some evidence
9- Nov 2009 they requested that the sponsor and the petitioner should have the same address???
10- I changed my sponsor and I have a new one from Michigan.
11- January 9 2010 they accepted that.
12- Feb 3 my Lawyer surprised me and told me that I have an interview in Hartford,CT even tho she changed every thing to MI. She said she has the proof that she changed the address but it didn't update in the system and she blamed the system. she said she is going to reschedule my appointment to MI and she said the are going to send me a new notice in 2 to 3 weeks.
13- Feb 8 2010 they ordered my EAD card.
14- Feb 9 they mailed me a notice that they approved my I-765.
15- My lawyer said they sent my EAD card and the notice to my old address in CT and she said they went back to them and they will re send it to my new address in MI.
16- Feb 22 as of today they updated all my cases but without any new info ( just the dates)
17- I am so confused and I have those questions:
A) Did my case transfer to MI or nothing happen since I moved?
B) how long does it take to get everthing back to the right way?
C) what is going to happen to my EAD card and the NOTICE?
Please help me with this and I will really appreciate it
GotGC??
06-22 05:18 PM
Folks,
The "Time as Resident in a USCIS District" clause in the naturalization process says that "Most people must live in the USCIS District or State in which they are applying for at least 3 months before applying".
If you have gone thru this process could you please tell if this means that
a. the person must have stayed for at least 3 months during any time during of the residency period to be eligible to apply in that district
OR,
b. the person must live in the district for at least 3 months immediately preceding the naturalization application (for example, if applying in July 2010 then must be present in that state/district at least since Apr 2010)
The reason I'm asking is that I know people who live in India after GC and then come return to get citizenship...so wondering how it worked...
The "Time as Resident in a USCIS District" clause in the naturalization process says that "Most people must live in the USCIS District or State in which they are applying for at least 3 months before applying".
If you have gone thru this process could you please tell if this means that
a. the person must have stayed for at least 3 months during any time during of the residency period to be eligible to apply in that district
OR,
b. the person must live in the district for at least 3 months immediately preceding the naturalization application (for example, if applying in July 2010 then must be present in that state/district at least since Apr 2010)
The reason I'm asking is that I know people who live in India after GC and then come return to get citizenship...so wondering how it worked...
2011 Pick Up Lines For Guys
LegallyWise
09-20 08:57 PM
I would appreciate a response to my immigration questions as discussed below from anyone knowledgeable on the nuances.
I immigrated here at the age of 5 (in 1988) with my parents. We overstayed our visitor visas.
In 2004, I married my high-school sweetheart, he petitioned for me and in 11/2005 we interviewed and I obtained my conditional permanent residence.
In 9/2007, we signed the documents to convert my conditional to legal permanent residence. I became a legal permanent resident in 8/2008.
After the signing by both parties but prior to receiving permanent residence, in 10/2007, he filed for divorce claiming constructive abandonment for 10 months. This was not what happened, and I was legally unwise, so I did nothing and signed the papers. I consulted my immigration counsel (in 8/2008 after receiving legal permanent residency) and the paralegal gave me the roundabout about having to see the divorce papers and he said that I may be penalized for the divorce at the time I apply for citizenship because of the 10-month constructive abandonment provision.
I consulted with another immigration lawyer who said this would not be a problem at all.
I have left the situation alone until now. I am looking to leave the my current immigration counsel due to their incompetence.
1. When can I become a citizen (do I have to wait 5 years from 11/2005 due to the divorce)?
2. What are the foreseeable problems when I apply for citizenship?
3. Do I have to take any other steps?
I look forward to any responses on this and appreciate the help in advance.
Thank you.
I immigrated here at the age of 5 (in 1988) with my parents. We overstayed our visitor visas.
In 2004, I married my high-school sweetheart, he petitioned for me and in 11/2005 we interviewed and I obtained my conditional permanent residence.
In 9/2007, we signed the documents to convert my conditional to legal permanent residence. I became a legal permanent resident in 8/2008.
After the signing by both parties but prior to receiving permanent residence, in 10/2007, he filed for divorce claiming constructive abandonment for 10 months. This was not what happened, and I was legally unwise, so I did nothing and signed the papers. I consulted my immigration counsel (in 8/2008 after receiving legal permanent residency) and the paralegal gave me the roundabout about having to see the divorce papers and he said that I may be penalized for the divorce at the time I apply for citizenship because of the 10-month constructive abandonment provision.
I consulted with another immigration lawyer who said this would not be a problem at all.
I have left the situation alone until now. I am looking to leave the my current immigration counsel due to their incompetence.
1. When can I become a citizen (do I have to wait 5 years from 11/2005 due to the divorce)?
2. What are the foreseeable problems when I apply for citizenship?
3. Do I have to take any other steps?
I look forward to any responses on this and appreciate the help in advance.
Thank you.
more...
510picker
December 3rd, 2003, 01:57 PM
Is it too little, too late? I wonder what Canon is already working on to top this.