gjoe
05-01 10:44 AM
someone just woke up after 8 months, now asking the agenda, not willing to spare a penny or bring in energy, but wants an "update" about the date & time he will get his GC in mail. Is that something new, NO, its been a consistent behavior, that's why I never liked gjoe.
.
I didn't want an update. I know what is going on and also when we will get our GC. I just wanted to make you realize that your goals and actions are not in sync. I hope you understand what that means.
My penny and energy are invested in the right place were the returns are in propotion :)
Good luck to you and all.
.
I didn't want an update. I know what is going on and also when we will get our GC. I just wanted to make you realize that your goals and actions are not in sync. I hope you understand what that means.
My penny and energy are invested in the right place were the returns are in propotion :)
Good luck to you and all.
wallpaper irthday card. quot;A friend
rvr_jcop
03-27 12:38 PM
Hi,
I have posted a couple of times regarding my earlier situation in other threads, but I decided to create a new thread since I haven't seen a similar case before. Here's my situation:
I was working for company A (consulting firm) on h1B since Oct 2005 and also have an approved Labor and 140 from A. I have applied for 485 in Jul 2007, and have valid EADs and APs (and extensions), but I wanted to maintain h1b status, since I have only used 3 years so far and I am the primary applicant, and my wife gave up her approved labor and h1b to work on EAD she got as a secondary applicant to my 485... so I really wanted to stay on H1B for that "Just in case" situation... I know I am paranoid ;)
So I applied for h1 extension in June 2008 with company A, but it was pending forever... contacted USCIS once in Nov 2008, but nothing happened... I got suspicious of the company's record since I was told that comp-A was under review by USCIS for excessive h1 usage, so I decided to transfer my h1b to Company B in Dec 2008 and invoked AC21 (sent the letter)... my original h1b has expired by then and so did my I-94, but since my h1 extension was still pending, I was told it would be ok.
In jan, USCIS sent an RFE for my transfer case requesting for various things like all my W2s since I started my h1b, EVLs from my client and Vendor, contracts between Client, Vendor and my Employer (B) etc., we also included my Paystubs for the last 6+ months and also for all of 2006 etc., and responded to the RFE in Feb, and it was again pending till mid March, when USCIS sent a similar RFE for my original extension case to company A. I no longer work with them, so I expect them to revoke my h1 petition.. so just to be safe, I applied for premium processing for my h1 transfer on Mar 13th and I got a second RFE on 3/19, which we got this week. This time USCIS sent something like this...
What is the status of your original h1 extension? (I thought they would know ;)), and since your I-94 has expired, we might have to transfer your case for Consular processing.. if we decide to do so, what is your choice for the consulate?
My lawyer said, they'll respond to the RFE explaining the current status, and also try to explain that I was in status all the time and request for COS instead of Consular Processing, but she says we have to let them know of the consulate in case they decide to transfer it over... and recommends that I chose Chennai (since company B is registered as BEP at Chennai).. she also said, since I have a valid EAD, I can choose to work on EAD if they decide to transfer my case to CP... and when I am ready to travel, I can go to Chennai to get my visa stamped and come back in H1b.
Is it true that I could do something like that? I thought once I use EAD, there's no going back. Someone please shed some light on this.
I have come to US for Masters and have worked on CPT and OPT for about 1.5 years before I got onto H1B. I was always paid well more than the LCA wage, and am currently being paid more than my approved labor wage. I have no problem in proving my legal status here, but as you can understand, I am worried and paranoid to go for stamping in these difficult times.. I am afraid they might come up with some reason to deny my entry/visa like 'there are so many citizens without job' etc.,
Any productive feedback is highly appreciated...
pal :)
Hey buddy, not to discourage you but, do you think its all worth when you have EAD in hand. I know you got 3 more years on H1-B but ask yourself a question and then make wise decision. Do you want to start all over again god forbid something happens to your 485?
I have posted a couple of times regarding my earlier situation in other threads, but I decided to create a new thread since I haven't seen a similar case before. Here's my situation:
I was working for company A (consulting firm) on h1B since Oct 2005 and also have an approved Labor and 140 from A. I have applied for 485 in Jul 2007, and have valid EADs and APs (and extensions), but I wanted to maintain h1b status, since I have only used 3 years so far and I am the primary applicant, and my wife gave up her approved labor and h1b to work on EAD she got as a secondary applicant to my 485... so I really wanted to stay on H1B for that "Just in case" situation... I know I am paranoid ;)
So I applied for h1 extension in June 2008 with company A, but it was pending forever... contacted USCIS once in Nov 2008, but nothing happened... I got suspicious of the company's record since I was told that comp-A was under review by USCIS for excessive h1 usage, so I decided to transfer my h1b to Company B in Dec 2008 and invoked AC21 (sent the letter)... my original h1b has expired by then and so did my I-94, but since my h1 extension was still pending, I was told it would be ok.
In jan, USCIS sent an RFE for my transfer case requesting for various things like all my W2s since I started my h1b, EVLs from my client and Vendor, contracts between Client, Vendor and my Employer (B) etc., we also included my Paystubs for the last 6+ months and also for all of 2006 etc., and responded to the RFE in Feb, and it was again pending till mid March, when USCIS sent a similar RFE for my original extension case to company A. I no longer work with them, so I expect them to revoke my h1 petition.. so just to be safe, I applied for premium processing for my h1 transfer on Mar 13th and I got a second RFE on 3/19, which we got this week. This time USCIS sent something like this...
What is the status of your original h1 extension? (I thought they would know ;)), and since your I-94 has expired, we might have to transfer your case for Consular processing.. if we decide to do so, what is your choice for the consulate?
My lawyer said, they'll respond to the RFE explaining the current status, and also try to explain that I was in status all the time and request for COS instead of Consular Processing, but she says we have to let them know of the consulate in case they decide to transfer it over... and recommends that I chose Chennai (since company B is registered as BEP at Chennai).. she also said, since I have a valid EAD, I can choose to work on EAD if they decide to transfer my case to CP... and when I am ready to travel, I can go to Chennai to get my visa stamped and come back in H1b.
Is it true that I could do something like that? I thought once I use EAD, there's no going back. Someone please shed some light on this.
I have come to US for Masters and have worked on CPT and OPT for about 1.5 years before I got onto H1B. I was always paid well more than the LCA wage, and am currently being paid more than my approved labor wage. I have no problem in proving my legal status here, but as you can understand, I am worried and paranoid to go for stamping in these difficult times.. I am afraid they might come up with some reason to deny my entry/visa like 'there are so many citizens without job' etc.,
Any productive feedback is highly appreciated...
pal :)
Hey buddy, not to discourage you but, do you think its all worth when you have EAD in hand. I know you got 3 more years on H1-B but ask yourself a question and then make wise decision. Do you want to start all over again god forbid something happens to your 485?
n77
05-14 05:25 PM
You are so pessimistic..
At least you hope something is gonna happen after the elections..:):)
At least you hope something is gonna happen after the elections..:):)
2011 panda irthday card
MatsP
January 31st, 2008, 03:59 AM
The idea of buying a used camera is based on the fact that once you have played a bit with "your own camera" you have a much better idea of what you like and dislike about particular features. If you spend a lot of money (most of what you can afford) then you don't have any spare for "improving on what you got". If you get something similar but a lot less expensive, in the "bargain basement", then you know what it's like, and you can get the "new model" when you have saved a little more money.
Mark's (Swartzphotography) suggestion is another good one - most digital SLR's are never "used up" - there isn't much that can really go wrong, as it's 99.9% electronics, and that's either completely broken [immediately obvious] or it's working right. Aside from ones that look like they have been used by a pro for a long time [look for big scratches, scrapes and worn off paint on the corners], it should be fine to buy a used one. For example a Canon EOS Digital Rebel or Canon EOS 10D, or Nikon D70.
--
Mats
Mark's (Swartzphotography) suggestion is another good one - most digital SLR's are never "used up" - there isn't much that can really go wrong, as it's 99.9% electronics, and that's either completely broken [immediately obvious] or it's working right. Aside from ones that look like they have been used by a pro for a long time [look for big scratches, scrapes and worn off paint on the corners], it should be fine to buy a used one. For example a Canon EOS Digital Rebel or Canon EOS 10D, or Nikon D70.
--
Mats
more...
sp99
08-18 02:38 PM
And for contract yes they have 1 year contract though they didn't send me any documentation for that ...but it is like if u break within 1 year u will need to pay $20 for the remaining months..they say they will cut from my credit card everymonth...
tapukakababa
05-24 01:45 PM
Why can't every Indian residing in US come together and make a pledge to not work even for one day throughout the US. Then they will know how much they need us and how big impact they will have on their economy.
We just talk and do nothing. Everyone cares about himself. Nobody has made ever an effort to stand united as an Indian community and show this country that without us they can't even step outside of their houses.
Do something drastic instead of just talking big words. And people on higher position should initiate this and if they can't tell us that they can't handle it all.
We just talk and do nothing. Everyone cares about himself. Nobody has made ever an effort to stand united as an Indian community and show this country that without us they can't even step outside of their houses.
Do something drastic instead of just talking big words. And people on higher position should initiate this and if they can't tell us that they can't handle it all.
more...
prouddesi
10-15 04:31 PM
Hello Folks,
We have an excellent opportunity to set-up an IV booth. Details are posted on So Cal yahoo group with the link in my signature.
Venue: Diwali Mela, San Diego.
Date: Saturday, November 10th.
Target: A whopping 5000 visitors for recruitment and educational purposes.
I am looking for at least 4 So Cal volunteers/shift to take responsibility for 2 hour shifts at the booth. If San Diego/Orange County/LA members take turns in the booth shifts that day, this goal is achievable!
PLEASE SIGN-UP on the yahoo groups spreadsheet.
Thank you in advance! :)
Southern California IV members,
There are several action items that we are currently working on in the Southern California group including meeting with our lawmakers, membership drive events and getting together volunteers to make calls for the DC Rally. We urgently need active participants to help us carry out these action items. Please contribute your time and effort so that IV can succeed in resolving our issues.
For more information, join us at our yahoo group:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SC_Immigration_Voice/
We have an excellent opportunity to set-up an IV booth. Details are posted on So Cal yahoo group with the link in my signature.
Venue: Diwali Mela, San Diego.
Date: Saturday, November 10th.
Target: A whopping 5000 visitors for recruitment and educational purposes.
I am looking for at least 4 So Cal volunteers/shift to take responsibility for 2 hour shifts at the booth. If San Diego/Orange County/LA members take turns in the booth shifts that day, this goal is achievable!
PLEASE SIGN-UP on the yahoo groups spreadsheet.
Thank you in advance! :)
Southern California IV members,
There are several action items that we are currently working on in the Southern California group including meeting with our lawmakers, membership drive events and getting together volunteers to make calls for the DC Rally. We urgently need active participants to help us carry out these action items. Please contribute your time and effort so that IV can succeed in resolving our issues.
For more information, join us at our yahoo group:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SC_Immigration_Voice/
2010 will be friends. count the
babu123
06-29 10:10 AM
What I heard is, 485 packet need to be send to the office where the I-140 got approved.
more...
GCapplicant
08-10 05:35 PM
I think this person is just making fun.Whatever he is stating here cant be true just creating confusion-It cant be India.
this is his first post too.
this is his first post too.
hair free irthday card for sister
Prashanthi
09-04 01:34 PM
HI All,
I currently have 797 approval document from Nov 2009 to Nov 2012 and My current 797 document is valid till Nov 2009.When i was coming back from india last week at POE the immigration officer gave me I 94 dated till Nov 2009.I said to him that as i have 797 till Nov 2012 i should get I 94 till that date.But he insisted saying as the current document is still valid he can only go with that.He cant give me I 94 date on my future 797 starting from Nov 2009.I kept asking him for about 5 min but again dint wanted argue a lot as it was border security immigration.
So what should i do now.Can i stay here after Nov 2009 or i need to go to stamping and come back before Nov 2009.What are my options.I don't have any travel plans at least a year from now.Do let me know is it mandatory for me to leave before Nov 2009.Also my New 797 as I 94 attached do you guys think if it is sufficient for me to stay here without any problems.
The officer can only look at the current I-797, cannot give an i-94 as per the future I-797. The other posters were correct last action rule does apply, however in my interpretation of the last action rule since your I-797 is not effective until November 2009 and your entry was before that, your last action in this case will be the latest I-797 and it will therefore be valid. In my opinion the Officer was correct in informing you that their is no problem for you to use your latest I-797 once the old one expires. Make sure you don't have a gap in the dates between the expiry of the old I-797 and start date of the new one.
I currently have 797 approval document from Nov 2009 to Nov 2012 and My current 797 document is valid till Nov 2009.When i was coming back from india last week at POE the immigration officer gave me I 94 dated till Nov 2009.I said to him that as i have 797 till Nov 2012 i should get I 94 till that date.But he insisted saying as the current document is still valid he can only go with that.He cant give me I 94 date on my future 797 starting from Nov 2009.I kept asking him for about 5 min but again dint wanted argue a lot as it was border security immigration.
So what should i do now.Can i stay here after Nov 2009 or i need to go to stamping and come back before Nov 2009.What are my options.I don't have any travel plans at least a year from now.Do let me know is it mandatory for me to leave before Nov 2009.Also my New 797 as I 94 attached do you guys think if it is sufficient for me to stay here without any problems.
The officer can only look at the current I-797, cannot give an i-94 as per the future I-797. The other posters were correct last action rule does apply, however in my interpretation of the last action rule since your I-797 is not effective until November 2009 and your entry was before that, your last action in this case will be the latest I-797 and it will therefore be valid. In my opinion the Officer was correct in informing you that their is no problem for you to use your latest I-797 once the old one expires. Make sure you don't have a gap in the dates between the expiry of the old I-797 and start date of the new one.
more...
zinc
07-17 06:57 PM
Great job Guys...way to go. We can accomplish a lot if we work together.
All the best to all!!!
Thanks for making a purchase with Google Checkout! Immigration Voice will process your order shortly.
Order Details - Jul 17, 2007 16:21 GMT-07:00
Google Order #9502434335xxxxx
Shipping Status Qty Item Price
Not yet shipped 1 Contribute 100
All the best to all!!!
Thanks for making a purchase with Google Checkout! Immigration Voice will process your order shortly.
Order Details - Jul 17, 2007 16:21 GMT-07:00
Google Order #9502434335xxxxx
Shipping Status Qty Item Price
Not yet shipped 1 Contribute 100
hot irthday cards friends
apb
09-14 08:52 PM
Just got approval emails for both me and my spouse.
Did you see any LUD prior to this email?
Did you see any LUD prior to this email?
more...
house irthday cards for friends
singhsa3
08-01 11:43 AM
I am pleasantly surprised and would like to thank Sen Menendez on behalf of all the IV members in his constituency for sponsoring visa recapture bill in Senate. Few days back when we called his office, his position was different. But because of we all calling and requesting for his support, he graciouly has agreed to take up our case. Speaking with his staff, I came to know that more than thousand calls were made to his office in support of the visa recapture bill.
tattoo irthday cards for friends.
leenakamat
08-15 02:15 PM
You can file a DOL complaint, which could spell serious consequences for the employer. You could also file a wage claim with your state's employment development department to recover the wages you were owed.
more...
pictures irthday cards
kirupa
01-04 12:10 PM
SirDuke - unless it is a library that comes as a part of a Flash install, then no.
:)
:)
dresses free irthday e cards for mom
rkiran
12-02 04:35 PM
Hi,
I have a similar situation and am going to the local office on friday.
Did you get the AP? Did they ask more specific questions about the illness and why it is urgent etc. I am still trying to get the letter and am trying to find out what should be included on it. Also, was your letter faxed or scanned or did you get the original.
Thanks,
Thanks for the input.
I actually went to my appoitnment this morning at my local uscis office, the lady was nice. but i was told that the hospital letter need to state what are my granma's sickness instead just sayong terminally ill. and she had me to go back with a new letter tomorrow, and if her supervisor approves it, I will get it right away.
just some info to share.
wish me luck!
I have a similar situation and am going to the local office on friday.
Did you get the AP? Did they ask more specific questions about the illness and why it is urgent etc. I am still trying to get the letter and am trying to find out what should be included on it. Also, was your letter faxed or scanned or did you get the original.
Thanks,
Thanks for the input.
I actually went to my appoitnment this morning at my local uscis office, the lady was nice. but i was told that the hospital letter need to state what are my granma's sickness instead just sayong terminally ill. and she had me to go back with a new letter tomorrow, and if her supervisor approves it, I will get it right away.
just some info to share.
wish me luck!
more...
makeup Birthday Cards
immilaw
09-27 09:00 AM
Hello,
I am in serious trouble. Sometime ago I tried to switch my I-140 from EB3 to EB2. Now I get NOID to deny 140. Something related to prevailing wage (lawyer has actual letter). In my LC the offered wage was OK for EB3 but low for EB2. Lawyer says he'll try to reinstate EB3, but not sure. Has any one of you been able to reinstate EB3 140? Please help...
Ask the lawyer to give you a copy of the RFE.
I am in serious trouble. Sometime ago I tried to switch my I-140 from EB3 to EB2. Now I get NOID to deny 140. Something related to prevailing wage (lawyer has actual letter). In my LC the offered wage was OK for EB3 but low for EB2. Lawyer says he'll try to reinstate EB3, but not sure. Has any one of you been able to reinstate EB3 140? Please help...
Ask the lawyer to give you a copy of the RFE.
girlfriend irthday cards for friends
zofa30
09-14 11:18 AM
I just updated the info I am aware of.
Please consider the following:
Just to remind you I am on EB2+PERM.
I decided to leave my current employer within 2 months so I thought about applying for I-140 premium processing to get it approved before leaving and hence be able to port my PD to the new GC application (new EB2+PERM) with the new employer. Is it worth doing that? In other words, do I gain any time saving when I start the new GC application (EB2+PERM) by porting my PD as I will have to pay the fees twice (lawyers + applications). Please note that I am from EB2 worldwide(not China, India, Mexico, or Philippines) so I expect that the PD will be always current so there will be no time saving from porting my PD? I'd like to know your opinion.
Thanks
Please consider the following:
Just to remind you I am on EB2+PERM.
I decided to leave my current employer within 2 months so I thought about applying for I-140 premium processing to get it approved before leaving and hence be able to port my PD to the new GC application (new EB2+PERM) with the new employer. Is it worth doing that? In other words, do I gain any time saving when I start the new GC application (EB2+PERM) by porting my PD as I will have to pay the fees twice (lawyers + applications). Please note that I am from EB2 worldwide(not China, India, Mexico, or Philippines) so I expect that the PD will be always current so there will be no time saving from porting my PD? I'd like to know your opinion.
Thanks
hairstyles Childrens Birthday Cards
lotta
07-21 08:41 PM
I am in H1 and filed for 485 and EAD, AP. Still have my H1B visa in my passport. Does getting EAD mean you are no more in H1? Or you really have to USE it to be out of H1.
The general consensus is that only using an EAD invalidates H1.
The general consensus is that only using an EAD invalidates H1.
raju_abc
07-22 09:03 PM
by consultant means "both are Consulting company" or rather i have applied H1 through a consultant and not through a company
va_12_2004
07-20 07:59 AM
And ask many Indians,Chinese etc about their namecheck experience :-)
But this won't be easy "Do you want us to compromise on national security", will be the first question asked . They will acknowledge the applicants pain and won't budge . "We know thousands like you are getting screwed for many years, but national security is foremost'.
I really hope they rely on electronic documents and don't push paper from one office to another.
I do not believe that keeping a really bad guy under ead for years is helping the national security any way. It is totally ridiculus when they talk about national security for anything. I believe that, they randomly pick some cases to create intentional delay, and tell their bosses, and who in turn tells American people that they are doing a job.
Screaming baby always get more milk, and if we scream it would be legitimate, and we have to scream being united. PLease keep this thread going and create awareness among newbies(to uscis). This is inevitable that most of us will get into this mess.
There will be 2 more backlog centers:
1) USCIS
2) FBI
Unfortunately most of us will rot in both, unless we take action. It might sound funny now, but it is inevitable.
But this won't be easy "Do you want us to compromise on national security", will be the first question asked . They will acknowledge the applicants pain and won't budge . "We know thousands like you are getting screwed for many years, but national security is foremost'.
I really hope they rely on electronic documents and don't push paper from one office to another.
I do not believe that keeping a really bad guy under ead for years is helping the national security any way. It is totally ridiculus when they talk about national security for anything. I believe that, they randomly pick some cases to create intentional delay, and tell their bosses, and who in turn tells American people that they are doing a job.
Screaming baby always get more milk, and if we scream it would be legitimate, and we have to scream being united. PLease keep this thread going and create awareness among newbies(to uscis). This is inevitable that most of us will get into this mess.
There will be 2 more backlog centers:
1) USCIS
2) FBI
Unfortunately most of us will rot in both, unless we take action. It might sound funny now, but it is inevitable.
No comments:
Post a Comment