tabletpc
10-17 12:15 PM
Can anyone tell me what it means in terms of documents...???
wallpaper Barbie - Opening Night
kinvin
05-08 02:50 PM
A bidding war makes for �crazy� salaries across Asia
By Sundeep Tucker
Published: May 6 2007 19:15 | Last updated: May 6 2007 19:15
A combination of strong economic growth, corporate ambition and a limited pool of managers and specialists has plunged Asian companies into a battle for top talent, from casinos in Macau gearing up for business to boom towns in resource-rich western Australia desperate to attract mining engineers.
Salaries for top performers are being bid up to unheard of levels. Even Indian software engineers in Silicon Valley are returning home attracted by high ex-pat salary packages and senior positions, as are Chinese and Japanese-born bankers working in London and New York.
Damien Chunilal, Merrill�s Lynch�s Pacific Rim chief operating officer, says: �The success of Asia�s economies has in some areas increased the pool of available talent. Emigrants are prepared to return home to fill positions that five years ago would not have attracted them. It�s a tighter market, but our overall hiring universe is bigger.�
Which companies win this war for talent will go a long way to deciding which will succeed in the Asia Pacific region.
The consensus is that recruiting and retaining skilled workers in Asia is harder and more expensive than ever. Headhunters warn that the inability to fill key positions with qualified people, mostly at senior level, is denting the regional expansion plans of many companies.
The struggle to hire qualified staff is most acute in financial services, a sector whose fortunes are closely correlated with the level of growth. Demand for consumer banking in India and China is soaring and investment banks are adding personnel to service the region�s emerging acquisitive corporations.
In addition, private equity firms and hedge funds have mushroomed over the past year, pinching scores of the region�s top investment bankers along the way, while the region�s newly-minted millionaires are demanding world-class wealth management services.
The boom in financial services is also having knock-on effects in connected support industries such as accounting, law and public relations.
A key problem for recruitment is the lack of fungibility of personnel across the different markets of the region, with its varied cultural, political and linguistic traditions. Headhunter Kevin Gibson, managing director of Robert Walters Japan, says: �You can relocate a Mexican to Argentina or an American to the UK. But you can�t move a senior manager from China to Japan unless they speak the language and enjoy the culture.�
One senior Hong Kong-based executive for a global investment bank describes the situation as �crazy�. He said: �Banks are short of good staff all over the world but Asia is the hottest place by far. I have 28-year-olds coming into my office telling me that they are resigning because they have been offered a $1m job.� The executive blamed the wage inflation on a combination of factors, including new entrants who pay huge premiums to attract staff, the growth and expansion of hedge funds and private equity firms and the expansion plans of existing players. �It all means that there are too many potential employers chasing too few people,� he says.
As well as drawing from the well of investment banks, private equity firms expanding in Asia have started to adopt US and European practice by luring senior industry executives. In recent weeks Carlyle Group of the US has poached the regional heads of Coca-Cola and Delphi to oversee the firm�s future investments across the consumer and industrial sectors respectively.
The frenzy is thought to have prompted the Singapore government to broker an informal non-poaching agreement that effectively protects two local banks, DBS and OCBC, from aggressive foreign rivals.
In China, analysts describe the talent shortage as �acute�. Steve Mullinjer, head of Heidrick & Struggles China practice, says: �There is a paradox of shortage among the plenty.� He believes that China requires 75,000 quality people to fill senior vacancies at multinationals and expanding domestic companies � but can only supply around 5,000 candidates with suitable experience.
Wage inflation is running so hot that a locally-born general manager for a multinational can earn 20 per cent more than a counterpart in the US �with only 75 per cent of the skills set�, he says. �The reality is that executives in China are getting over-titled and overpaid. Underperformers who leave often resurface in jobs earning double the salary.�
The talent shortage is also keenly felt in India, especially in the financial services and information technology sectors.
Business is growing so fast that the industry�s lobby group has estimated that the Indian IT sector faces a shortfall of 500,000 professionals by 2010 that threatens the country�s dominance of global offshore IT services.
Blue chip IT companies are plundering the entire talent pool across industries, stealing civil engineers and graduates from other disciplines and turning them into software engineers. This has left acute shortages in industries such as construction.
Azim Premji, founder chairman of India�s Wipro, one of the world�s leading IT companies, says: �The multinationals are going berserk and are unnecessarily paying premiums to fill the positions.�
The effect on pay rates has been predictable. According to Hewitt Associates, the consultancy, average salary increases in India are running at more than 14 per cent a year, compared with around 8 per cent in China and slightly less in South Korea and the Philippines.
Dinesh Mirchandani, managing director of the India practice of Boyden, a global search firm, said that the annual salary for the typical chief executive of a mid-cap multinational in India, with just $100m sales, has doubled in the past five years to $250,000. He says: �At senior levels, the pay gap between those based in India and those elsewhere has narrowed dramatically. I even have an Indian national chief operating officer in a multinational here who is earning more than his Dubai-based boss.� Mr Mirchandani cites BP, Citibank and PepsiCo as multinationals that have prospered because they recruited and retained staff successfully by introducing favourable human resource policies.
The recruitment market in Japan has tended to march to its own beat. However, the country�s economic recovery has created bottlenecks in sectors such as financial services, retail and pharmaceutical, while sectors such as precision engineering have been boosted by insatiable demand from China for their products. The talent war even has its plus points. One US investment banking executive working in Asia says that the situation has made it easier to get rid of underpeforming staff.
He says: �In the past the worker might have been sacked. Nowadays we tell that worker to go and quietly solicit offers in the marketplace. They usually do so quickly, and can get a higher salary from a hedge fund or private equity firm. That way, nobody�s reputation gets sullied.�
Copyright The Financial Times Limited 2007
By Sundeep Tucker
Published: May 6 2007 19:15 | Last updated: May 6 2007 19:15
A combination of strong economic growth, corporate ambition and a limited pool of managers and specialists has plunged Asian companies into a battle for top talent, from casinos in Macau gearing up for business to boom towns in resource-rich western Australia desperate to attract mining engineers.
Salaries for top performers are being bid up to unheard of levels. Even Indian software engineers in Silicon Valley are returning home attracted by high ex-pat salary packages and senior positions, as are Chinese and Japanese-born bankers working in London and New York.
Damien Chunilal, Merrill�s Lynch�s Pacific Rim chief operating officer, says: �The success of Asia�s economies has in some areas increased the pool of available talent. Emigrants are prepared to return home to fill positions that five years ago would not have attracted them. It�s a tighter market, but our overall hiring universe is bigger.�
Which companies win this war for talent will go a long way to deciding which will succeed in the Asia Pacific region.
The consensus is that recruiting and retaining skilled workers in Asia is harder and more expensive than ever. Headhunters warn that the inability to fill key positions with qualified people, mostly at senior level, is denting the regional expansion plans of many companies.
The struggle to hire qualified staff is most acute in financial services, a sector whose fortunes are closely correlated with the level of growth. Demand for consumer banking in India and China is soaring and investment banks are adding personnel to service the region�s emerging acquisitive corporations.
In addition, private equity firms and hedge funds have mushroomed over the past year, pinching scores of the region�s top investment bankers along the way, while the region�s newly-minted millionaires are demanding world-class wealth management services.
The boom in financial services is also having knock-on effects in connected support industries such as accounting, law and public relations.
A key problem for recruitment is the lack of fungibility of personnel across the different markets of the region, with its varied cultural, political and linguistic traditions. Headhunter Kevin Gibson, managing director of Robert Walters Japan, says: �You can relocate a Mexican to Argentina or an American to the UK. But you can�t move a senior manager from China to Japan unless they speak the language and enjoy the culture.�
One senior Hong Kong-based executive for a global investment bank describes the situation as �crazy�. He said: �Banks are short of good staff all over the world but Asia is the hottest place by far. I have 28-year-olds coming into my office telling me that they are resigning because they have been offered a $1m job.� The executive blamed the wage inflation on a combination of factors, including new entrants who pay huge premiums to attract staff, the growth and expansion of hedge funds and private equity firms and the expansion plans of existing players. �It all means that there are too many potential employers chasing too few people,� he says.
As well as drawing from the well of investment banks, private equity firms expanding in Asia have started to adopt US and European practice by luring senior industry executives. In recent weeks Carlyle Group of the US has poached the regional heads of Coca-Cola and Delphi to oversee the firm�s future investments across the consumer and industrial sectors respectively.
The frenzy is thought to have prompted the Singapore government to broker an informal non-poaching agreement that effectively protects two local banks, DBS and OCBC, from aggressive foreign rivals.
In China, analysts describe the talent shortage as �acute�. Steve Mullinjer, head of Heidrick & Struggles China practice, says: �There is a paradox of shortage among the plenty.� He believes that China requires 75,000 quality people to fill senior vacancies at multinationals and expanding domestic companies � but can only supply around 5,000 candidates with suitable experience.
Wage inflation is running so hot that a locally-born general manager for a multinational can earn 20 per cent more than a counterpart in the US �with only 75 per cent of the skills set�, he says. �The reality is that executives in China are getting over-titled and overpaid. Underperformers who leave often resurface in jobs earning double the salary.�
The talent shortage is also keenly felt in India, especially in the financial services and information technology sectors.
Business is growing so fast that the industry�s lobby group has estimated that the Indian IT sector faces a shortfall of 500,000 professionals by 2010 that threatens the country�s dominance of global offshore IT services.
Blue chip IT companies are plundering the entire talent pool across industries, stealing civil engineers and graduates from other disciplines and turning them into software engineers. This has left acute shortages in industries such as construction.
Azim Premji, founder chairman of India�s Wipro, one of the world�s leading IT companies, says: �The multinationals are going berserk and are unnecessarily paying premiums to fill the positions.�
The effect on pay rates has been predictable. According to Hewitt Associates, the consultancy, average salary increases in India are running at more than 14 per cent a year, compared with around 8 per cent in China and slightly less in South Korea and the Philippines.
Dinesh Mirchandani, managing director of the India practice of Boyden, a global search firm, said that the annual salary for the typical chief executive of a mid-cap multinational in India, with just $100m sales, has doubled in the past five years to $250,000. He says: �At senior levels, the pay gap between those based in India and those elsewhere has narrowed dramatically. I even have an Indian national chief operating officer in a multinational here who is earning more than his Dubai-based boss.� Mr Mirchandani cites BP, Citibank and PepsiCo as multinationals that have prospered because they recruited and retained staff successfully by introducing favourable human resource policies.
The recruitment market in Japan has tended to march to its own beat. However, the country�s economic recovery has created bottlenecks in sectors such as financial services, retail and pharmaceutical, while sectors such as precision engineering have been boosted by insatiable demand from China for their products. The talent war even has its plus points. One US investment banking executive working in Asia says that the situation has made it easier to get rid of underpeforming staff.
He says: �In the past the worker might have been sacked. Nowadays we tell that worker to go and quietly solicit offers in the marketplace. They usually do so quickly, and can get a higher salary from a hedge fund or private equity firm. That way, nobody�s reputation gets sullied.�
Copyright The Financial Times Limited 2007
bablata2007
11-27 04:29 PM
Is this a feasible option? Incase I lose the job, can I change to H4 status based on my wife's H1B? Then wait out the 180 days period and get back to another job?
2011 arbie wallpapers

sathyaraj
11-02 10:38 AM
I think you still do not understand my point, EB3 PDs are stuck at 2001/2002. How will nurses be able to use these EB3 visas with their PD > 2006 ?
No. It will not help.
Schedule A workers first get GCs from EB3 quota and when they finsih that, they take the recapture numbers. When there is no recapture rule, they are treated as other regular EB3s.
Do you think there are only 61K nurses waiting in line?
Nurses from the whole world will want to come here if it is made easy for them and are qualfied. Who will not? Ask yourself.
No. It will not help.
Schedule A workers first get GCs from EB3 quota and when they finsih that, they take the recapture numbers. When there is no recapture rule, they are treated as other regular EB3s.
Do you think there are only 61K nurses waiting in line?
Nurses from the whole world will want to come here if it is made easy for them and are qualfied. Who will not? Ask yourself.
more...
webm
06-02 07:58 PM
Send it to TSC..which make sense..
rsb
06-29 02:11 PM
Thanks logiclife for you detailed answer.
more...
swartzphotography
January 31st, 2008, 01:19 AM
well as mats was saying buy a used piece of equipment at a bargain and you can save some moola to get lenses tailored to what you want to do with the camera. My suggestion is an old canon rebel 300 d. I know it seems to be an old forgoten camera but it is still in my camera bag as my secondary camera. Yes it has limits in functionality over the xt or the xti. But i believe one can be bought on ebay for less than the sony cybershot is new. And it has all the features you will need for your class. Plus as i said get some good lenses. cameras come and go lenses are forever.
2010 arbie-wallpaper-1.jpg
little_willy
08-08 06:40 PM
I tried that info from but that info is not complete. I know there are more people on IV site than any where else so thought of doing this poll.
Thanks
I meant IV tracker, I hope everyone here is aware of it and entered their details. This will help a lot with analysis. I encourage everyone to check IV tracker in addition to participating in this poll.
Thanks
I meant IV tracker, I hope everyone here is aware of it and entered their details. This will help a lot with analysis. I encourage everyone to check IV tracker in addition to participating in this poll.
more...
navin80
06-20 09:30 AM
I am in a similar situation. But my employer previous employer says he would file for 485 only if I return to my old company.
so, If I need to go back to him,
1. Do I need to transfer my H1B back to the old company. My 797 expires in Nov'08
so, If I need to go back to him,
1. Do I need to transfer my H1B back to the old company. My 797 expires in Nov'08
hair arbie wallpaper.
raju_abc
07-22 09:03 PM
by consultant means "both are Consulting company" or rather i have applied H1 through a consultant and not through a company
more...
keepwalking
05-22 09:58 PM
Can you please prefix "Tracker:" to the thread's title.
Thank You.
Greetings,
In brief, I have applied for I-485 when I was single and now priority dates are current. I need to add my spouse. Do I need to apply for I-485 for myself again? Below are the timelines.
Thanks in advance.
In August 2006.
1. Employer A
2. I was Single.
3. Files I-140 and I-485 concurrently.
4. Schedule A expired.
5. Application moved to Eb3.
In June 2007
1.Employer B (Moved in June 2007 via H1b transfer).
Married in 2008.
April 2010.
1. Employer B.
2. New I-140 filed in EB2, approved.
3. Ported EB3 PD of Aug 2006.
May 2011.
1. PD will be current in June 2011.
2. I need apply I-485 for my spouse.
Do I need to re-apply for I-485 and G-235a for the principal applicant.
Thank You.
Greetings,
In brief, I have applied for I-485 when I was single and now priority dates are current. I need to add my spouse. Do I need to apply for I-485 for myself again? Below are the timelines.
Thanks in advance.
In August 2006.
1. Employer A
2. I was Single.
3. Files I-140 and I-485 concurrently.
4. Schedule A expired.
5. Application moved to Eb3.
In June 2007
1.Employer B (Moved in June 2007 via H1b transfer).
Married in 2008.
April 2010.
1. Employer B.
2. New I-140 filed in EB2, approved.
3. Ported EB3 PD of Aug 2006.
May 2011.
1. PD will be current in June 2011.
2. I need apply I-485 for my spouse.
Do I need to re-apply for I-485 and G-235a for the principal applicant.
hot Barbie, Wallpapers Barbie
baldev.thakur
12-13 11:55 AM
Well in case you are TOO NAIVE let me tell you...
If you divorce in US , you can get an ex-partite judgment in your favor probably because your wife cannot challenge the divorce but When you re marry , you can re marry ONLY in US. The minute you land in India that re-marriage is considered illegal and your relationship with your 2nd spouse in US considered - bigamous. Bi gam y is not allowed in Hinduism .
If you prev wife finds out she can sue you and do many more things in India to make life the hell for you .
Can you post some more specific details abt ur case ?
If you divorce in US , you can get an ex-partite judgment in your favor probably because your wife cannot challenge the divorce but When you re marry , you can re marry ONLY in US. The minute you land in India that re-marriage is considered illegal and your relationship with your 2nd spouse in US considered - bigamous. Bi gam y is not allowed in Hinduism .
If you prev wife finds out she can sue you and do many more things in India to make life the hell for you .
Can you post some more specific details abt ur case ?
more...
house arbie-princesses Picture

felix31
06-05 03:16 PM
I agree. Such delays are forcing several professionals to consider Australia and Canada. Its a loss to this country and gain for other countries since they have favourable immigration laws. However it is really tough to uproot ourselves and go some place else and start over. Canada still does not have a good economy and job prospects as in USA, thus the struggle is going to be hard for you if you were to look for a job.
Pappu,
I guess the uprooting thing depends on many other issues....
E. G. My husband changed 6 consulting companies - worked on projects all over US and we lived in 6 US states before finally settling down with the present employer who started hubby's GC.
However the retro thing is ruining everything (just like so many others here - we are not an exception).
In less than a year I will have a state teaching certification and will be just a step or two away from my Masters in ED.
Will that help me? No, sir!
We cant file I-485..and change of status to H1 for me is out of question (been on H4 6yrs).
So, in our case - moving to Canada is much like moving to another State...
Not a big deal...It certainly will not be the first time to rent U-haul. :)
What will be different is that once we land we will both be immigrants, free of employer's grip and never ending retro.
It is true we may not have a job in Canada for some time, but I believe the peace of mind will be priceless..
I dont mind tranfering teaching cert (its possible), even taking a few extra courses if they require me to do so. We can even move gradually, I will find a job first and then he will move.
Both my husband and I care to much for each other to continue suffering in the US, under these conditions. He is not happy, since I suffer professionaly and will only loose whatever skills I am getting now. (Alrready lost too much not working in the past 6 yrs).
If one spouse suffers and is not happy, how can the other be content?
He is under constant pressure of working longer and harder, God forbid new recession and job layoffs - I can't work, so who will support the family?? :eek:
We had enough difficulties in the past and transfered enough companies to finally draw aline and say - this is enough.
I would LOVE to work, BUT - as H4 - I can only dream about that.
Even with Canada's economy not doing so well and other obstacles you mentioned, just being able to work, start our own business is going to give us an enormous relief.
Guys - dont get me wrong, I am all for US green card and we support IV efforts monetarily and otherwise, BUT, if no immigration reform emerges, we will move to Canada.
In the next 2 yrs (while Canadian PR gets processed) we will know exactly how things stand.
Pappu,
I guess the uprooting thing depends on many other issues....
E. G. My husband changed 6 consulting companies - worked on projects all over US and we lived in 6 US states before finally settling down with the present employer who started hubby's GC.
However the retro thing is ruining everything (just like so many others here - we are not an exception).
In less than a year I will have a state teaching certification and will be just a step or two away from my Masters in ED.
Will that help me? No, sir!
We cant file I-485..and change of status to H1 for me is out of question (been on H4 6yrs).
So, in our case - moving to Canada is much like moving to another State...
Not a big deal...It certainly will not be the first time to rent U-haul. :)
What will be different is that once we land we will both be immigrants, free of employer's grip and never ending retro.
It is true we may not have a job in Canada for some time, but I believe the peace of mind will be priceless..
I dont mind tranfering teaching cert (its possible), even taking a few extra courses if they require me to do so. We can even move gradually, I will find a job first and then he will move.
Both my husband and I care to much for each other to continue suffering in the US, under these conditions. He is not happy, since I suffer professionaly and will only loose whatever skills I am getting now. (Alrready lost too much not working in the past 6 yrs).
If one spouse suffers and is not happy, how can the other be content?
He is under constant pressure of working longer and harder, God forbid new recession and job layoffs - I can't work, so who will support the family?? :eek:
We had enough difficulties in the past and transfered enough companies to finally draw aline and say - this is enough.
I would LOVE to work, BUT - as H4 - I can only dream about that.
Even with Canada's economy not doing so well and other obstacles you mentioned, just being able to work, start our own business is going to give us an enormous relief.
Guys - dont get me wrong, I am all for US green card and we support IV efforts monetarily and otherwise, BUT, if no immigration reform emerges, we will move to Canada.
In the next 2 yrs (while Canadian PR gets processed) we will know exactly how things stand.
tattoo 001
kirupa
11-21 05:42 AM
The poll will go live tomorrow (Saturday) :)
more...
pictures arbie-princess Picture

rogerdepena
07-17 11:45 PM
haven't you heard 'keep your friends close..keep your enemies closer'...blocking the channel might not help...
there is an online petition happening here..
after we have seen what can be achieved, I don't think so it will be really tough to make it clear..
I already signed the petition but it is also important that we stop watching them. Don't visit CNN.com since it's advertising is based --in a way-- on the number of hits. Don't buy time magazine since it is affiliated with CNN. During casual conversation, if the topic is about news, make it a point to tell your friend that you are doubting the integrity of CNN since some of it's shows are anti-immigrant --both legal and illegal. If you are lucky(or unlucky) to be included in a survey about "NEWS NETWORKS", leave a comment and be specific that you don't like CNN because it supports "Lou Dobbs." This small things might not mean a lot but it's a step to the right direction.
there is an online petition happening here..
after we have seen what can be achieved, I don't think so it will be really tough to make it clear..
I already signed the petition but it is also important that we stop watching them. Don't visit CNN.com since it's advertising is based --in a way-- on the number of hits. Don't buy time magazine since it is affiliated with CNN. During casual conversation, if the topic is about news, make it a point to tell your friend that you are doubting the integrity of CNN since some of it's shows are anti-immigrant --both legal and illegal. If you are lucky(or unlucky) to be included in a survey about "NEWS NETWORKS", leave a comment and be specific that you don't like CNN because it supports "Lou Dobbs." This small things might not mean a lot but it's a step to the right direction.
dresses arbie
Alabaman
04-05 03:57 PM
Nice Article... hits the nail on the head!! I wish it also highlighted the need for high skilled immigrants to be able to get GCs easily too.
more...
makeup arbie wallpapers for desktop.
GCNirvana007
09-08 10:09 PM
Got CPO on Sept 1st and nothing after that.
Is this freaking normal :p
Is this freaking normal :p
girlfriend Barbie Movies Wallpaper
rockstart
02-20 07:14 PM
I submitted my passport renewal in december 09 and received my new passport in feb 10. Exactly 3 months to the date. Its a pretty slow process. Initially they gave me a Jan date to pick the passport ( I did not personally not via mail) and when I went there they said they had not received police clearance from India (no change in house or any info from old passport) but good part was they said they will call me when the passport is ready and they did call. Other wise there is no way to contact them. The phone just rings and rings and message box is full.
hairstyles Barbie - Barbie Wallpaper
dextro_a
02-05 02:29 PM
There is a hospital in Brooklyn New York where one of my friend was given H1-B and he is doing his residency from there. I will let you know.
I just thought its better reply then just assuming that university will do H1B for you.
I just thought its better reply then just assuming that university will do H1B for you.
chanduv23
04-21 01:44 PM
If I485 is denied for wrong reason (due to USCIS error), I understand that the application and attorney can file a MTR, but during the time till the case is reopened again, is it legal for the employee to work on EAD?
My assumption here is once the denial notice is received, it may take few weeks/months to gather the necessary information, send it to USCIS and then the case gets reopened.
This is a grey area subject to interpretations. Talk to an Anttorney - the reason I say this is - when your 485 gets denied wrongfully (your Attorney will tell you if the REASON was wrongful) - say AC21 old employer revoke 140 after 180 days - then an MOTIC whould resolve your issue - which typically takes a few weeks to 2 months or a bit more. Whether you stay here or work here - it is the same - no "Particular status". Once your MOTIC gets approved, you are back in status - so it is a big grey area subject to interpretation and Attorneys have different views based on how conservative one wants to be.
If you are sure your 485 can get denied for a "right reason" - then MTR or Appeal may not work - so you have to work out other options.
My assumption here is once the denial notice is received, it may take few weeks/months to gather the necessary information, send it to USCIS and then the case gets reopened.
This is a grey area subject to interpretations. Talk to an Anttorney - the reason I say this is - when your 485 gets denied wrongfully (your Attorney will tell you if the REASON was wrongful) - say AC21 old employer revoke 140 after 180 days - then an MOTIC whould resolve your issue - which typically takes a few weeks to 2 months or a bit more. Whether you stay here or work here - it is the same - no "Particular status". Once your MOTIC gets approved, you are back in status - so it is a big grey area subject to interpretation and Attorneys have different views based on how conservative one wants to be.
If you are sure your 485 can get denied for a "right reason" - then MTR or Appeal may not work - so you have to work out other options.
OLDMONK
06-25 01:19 PM
I did my pictures @ photopeople (studio) upwards of 80 bucks for me wife and son. Well I was still not satisfied.
So setup my own studio at home. A white sheet (ironed) and my Canon G6 on a tripod did a fantastic job. Took about 50 pics and finalised 1 for each. Next step was to get it in 2x2 format, In photoshop rescaled image to a height of 2 without messing with width (auto). The cropped extra width to make it 2 inches.
did a new canvas 6x4 inches in photoshop and pasted 6 copies 2x2 each (2rows of 3). Printed at instant machine at cvs $2 for 36 pictures total. I am happy with overall quality now.
And BTW I am not a web designer or a graphic designer. I am an Oracle DBA. So I am pretty sure anyone can do that provided you have some graphic editing/layout software. The only place where photoshop comes handy is exacting the size which would be difficult to do in vanilla paint in windows.
Recommended only if you are not getting a good picture even after spending ton of money.
Another tip is To avoid any shadows stand farther away from background (sheet in this case) and do it in daytime with blinds open with you facing a window or a patio/backyard door. Also zoom in to get exactly what you are looking for while shooting that way less cropping is needed. Try not to use the Flash (use it only if you are getting a shadow inspite of stading at a distance from the background.)
Also please go by instructions / specifications on the pictures as per following.
http://travel.state.gov/passport/guide/guide_2081.html
This may only work for Hightech Computer workers (with computers at home) and some rudimentary knowledge of graphics. For Medics and others with minimal computer skills, please don't waste time. It critical to have the pictures today or tomorrow even if you have to get from CVS/WALGREENS/RiteAID/SAMS/COSTCO or all and choose the one you are happy with.
So setup my own studio at home. A white sheet (ironed) and my Canon G6 on a tripod did a fantastic job. Took about 50 pics and finalised 1 for each. Next step was to get it in 2x2 format, In photoshop rescaled image to a height of 2 without messing with width (auto). The cropped extra width to make it 2 inches.
did a new canvas 6x4 inches in photoshop and pasted 6 copies 2x2 each (2rows of 3). Printed at instant machine at cvs $2 for 36 pictures total. I am happy with overall quality now.
And BTW I am not a web designer or a graphic designer. I am an Oracle DBA. So I am pretty sure anyone can do that provided you have some graphic editing/layout software. The only place where photoshop comes handy is exacting the size which would be difficult to do in vanilla paint in windows.
Recommended only if you are not getting a good picture even after spending ton of money.
Another tip is To avoid any shadows stand farther away from background (sheet in this case) and do it in daytime with blinds open with you facing a window or a patio/backyard door. Also zoom in to get exactly what you are looking for while shooting that way less cropping is needed. Try not to use the Flash (use it only if you are getting a shadow inspite of stading at a distance from the background.)
Also please go by instructions / specifications on the pictures as per following.
http://travel.state.gov/passport/guide/guide_2081.html
This may only work for Hightech Computer workers (with computers at home) and some rudimentary knowledge of graphics. For Medics and others with minimal computer skills, please don't waste time. It critical to have the pictures today or tomorrow even if you have to get from CVS/WALGREENS/RiteAID/SAMS/COSTCO or all and choose the one you are happy with.
No comments:
Post a Comment