MacRumors
Oct 26, 07:44 PM
http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com)
Apple has finally updated their .Mac Webmail (http://www.mac.com/1/webmail.html) interface:
Introducing the next generation of webmail. With its smart use of the latest web technology, the new .Mac webmail will remind you of the Mail application on your desktop. You'll feel right at home with its simple and elegant interface, drag-and-drop capability, built in Address Book, and more
A sneak peak (http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2006/09/20060926212708.shtml) of the updated .Mac Webmail was originally posted in September.
The new .Mac Webmail provides a similar look and feel to Mac OS X's Mail application, and utilizes the latest web technologies to provide a more seamless experience. .Mac (http://www.mac.com/1/currencytable.html) is a pay service provided by Apple. The basic package starts at (http://www.mac.com/1/currencytable.html) $99.95 (US) per year for 1GB of .Mac Mail and iDisk storage.
Apple has finally updated their .Mac Webmail (http://www.mac.com/1/webmail.html) interface:
Introducing the next generation of webmail. With its smart use of the latest web technology, the new .Mac webmail will remind you of the Mail application on your desktop. You'll feel right at home with its simple and elegant interface, drag-and-drop capability, built in Address Book, and more
A sneak peak (http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2006/09/20060926212708.shtml) of the updated .Mac Webmail was originally posted in September.
The new .Mac Webmail provides a similar look and feel to Mac OS X's Mail application, and utilizes the latest web technologies to provide a more seamless experience. .Mac (http://www.mac.com/1/currencytable.html) is a pay service provided by Apple. The basic package starts at (http://www.mac.com/1/currencytable.html) $99.95 (US) per year for 1GB of .Mac Mail and iDisk storage.
hyperpasta
Oct 16, 04:16 PM
"iPhone"
"iPhone Pro"
Sounds about right.
"iPhone Pro"
Sounds about right.
Old Muley
May 5, 11:06 AM
Move along citizens, nothing new to see here...
InuNacho
May 5, 10:38 AM
Aww the Mini, Pro, and i7 27" aren't on there.
more...
jacksonhern
May 2, 03:42 PM
I have been over to the website and I can't find where to download the beta. Can you send me a link to where it is?
baryon
Jun 18, 01:57 PM
Woah... I would partition a 2TB SHXC card and use 1TB for Time Machine and the other half for Final Cut Pro! On freaking 3 square centimeters!
more...
AdeFowler
Mar 28, 08:48 AM
after all this hype if iOS 5 is just a small improvement that would be ludicrous.
What hype? :confused:
What hype? :confused:
iGary
Sep 9, 09:17 AM
I've driven through Valle Crucis (http://www.vallecrucis.com/) a couple times, but never stayed. It's a gorgeous, isolated N.C. mountain town. May be farther than you're willing to drive, though--I'd guess about 8 hours from Maryland.
Tha looks tempting, WM.
I'm also thinking of packing up my dusty collection of new, but long-unused fly rods and heading to Pennsylvania for some trout.
Tha looks tempting, WM.
I'm also thinking of packing up my dusty collection of new, but long-unused fly rods and heading to Pennsylvania for some trout.
more...
mazola
Sep 25, 10:33 AM
It's about time for a refresh!

theblueone
May 3, 07:39 PM
I just joined anonymously, but I used the MacRumors team number.
more...
rodpascoe
Sep 25, 10:45 AM
Your friend sounds like a dork. "OOOH, my HP has a Core 2 Duo! I AM SO l33t!"
Give me a break.
Bet OSX zooms on it though! Oh, wait, hang on..... nope it can't run it can it?!
:cool: :rolleyes:
Give me a break.
Bet OSX zooms on it though! Oh, wait, hang on..... nope it can't run it can it?!
:cool: :rolleyes:
DLary
Mar 24, 10:51 PM
So let me get this straight. Some on this board seem to be saying:
"We Mac users are entirely too sophisticated and intelligent to allow our computers to be used by military neanderthals. Those that join the military are not smart enough to appreciate a Mac. All money spent on the military is wasted and part of a bloated budget. The military should be forced to use inferior equipment rather than offend my sensibilities as an educated, peace loving Mac user."
It is easy to sit in your ivory tower and criticize those who are out risking their lives so you can have your Latte every morning and make fun of those in the military.
If some Apple products would be appropriate, why on earth would you not want your country's military to have the finest equipment available?
"We Mac users are entirely too sophisticated and intelligent to allow our computers to be used by military neanderthals. Those that join the military are not smart enough to appreciate a Mac. All money spent on the military is wasted and part of a bloated budget. The military should be forced to use inferior equipment rather than offend my sensibilities as an educated, peace loving Mac user."
It is easy to sit in your ivory tower and criticize those who are out risking their lives so you can have your Latte every morning and make fun of those in the military.
If some Apple products would be appropriate, why on earth would you not want your country's military to have the finest equipment available?
more...
bildio
Apr 20, 03:44 PM
Try updating windows 7 through windows update. Make sure you have the lastest updates for Windows 7. I had this problem too, but after I updated everything, it worked like a charm. No shutdown issues.
It worked itself out. I don't remember if I did anything, like updates for Windows 7, or if it was just related to the initial install & a one time occurence.
It worked itself out. I don't remember if I did anything, like updates for Windows 7, or if it was just related to the initial install & a one time occurence.
Earendil
Dec 1, 09:54 AM
So a 17 year old can do it but a gigantic company with $50 billion lying there can't. Seems logical to me. :rolleyes:
Wake up Steve. Seriously.
Think that one through, would you please?
Apple has much higher standards of quality than a 17 y.o. kid in NY. Apple has a reputation for not selling cheap/broken/imperfect shiet. Not only does Apple have that reputation, I bet you it is written down.
So yeah, it seems perfectly logical. For $50 I'll take a can of spray paint to your iphone. Now I can do it cheaper than a 50 billion dollar company, and some kid in NY! I must be amazing!
Wake up Steve. Seriously.
Think that one through, would you please?
Apple has much higher standards of quality than a 17 y.o. kid in NY. Apple has a reputation for not selling cheap/broken/imperfect shiet. Not only does Apple have that reputation, I bet you it is written down.
So yeah, it seems perfectly logical. For $50 I'll take a can of spray paint to your iphone. Now I can do it cheaper than a 50 billion dollar company, and some kid in NY! I must be amazing!
more...
MacRumors
Oct 9, 03:02 PM
http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com)
Target has joined Wal-Mart (http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=internetNews&storyID=2006-10-09T181443Z_01_N09273960_RTRUKOC_0_US-RETAIL-TARGET-LETTER.xml&WTmodLoc=InternetNewsHome_C2_internetNews-2) in cautioning major movie studies that digital movies could hurt retail DVD sales.
Target's letter from President Gregg Steinhafel noted that movie studio downloads were less expensive than DVDs, according to the newspaper. The letter also said that if the pricing did not become more equitable, Target would reconsider its investment in the DVD business, the paper said.
Wal-Mart was recently cited (http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2006/09/20060922134714.shtml) as warning Movie Studios that there could be consequences if more movie studies joined in digital movie distribution alongside Disney.
Disney's Present of Home Entertainment has reportedly met with Target executives to stress that digital distribution remains a small market.
Target has joined Wal-Mart (http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=internetNews&storyID=2006-10-09T181443Z_01_N09273960_RTRUKOC_0_US-RETAIL-TARGET-LETTER.xml&WTmodLoc=InternetNewsHome_C2_internetNews-2) in cautioning major movie studies that digital movies could hurt retail DVD sales.
Target's letter from President Gregg Steinhafel noted that movie studio downloads were less expensive than DVDs, according to the newspaper. The letter also said that if the pricing did not become more equitable, Target would reconsider its investment in the DVD business, the paper said.
Wal-Mart was recently cited (http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2006/09/20060922134714.shtml) as warning Movie Studios that there could be consequences if more movie studies joined in digital movie distribution alongside Disney.
Disney's Present of Home Entertainment has reportedly met with Target executives to stress that digital distribution remains a small market.
NewGenAdam
Apr 12, 06:24 PM
You'll have to explain how a person would do a worse job simply because of their ethnicity.
I don't actually think ethnicity makes a difference but it's an interesting thought experiment.
Imagine you move to a country where nobody talks to white people. White people are totally ignored, irrespective of anything. Naturally then, if you employed a white person to work in a shop they'd do an awful job because they wouldn't be able to serve any of the racist clientele.
If we can choose against people by how well they'd do a job, and being white would mean you couldn't do a job, could we choose not to employ a white person because of this?
I don't actually think ethnicity makes a difference but it's an interesting thought experiment.
Imagine you move to a country where nobody talks to white people. White people are totally ignored, irrespective of anything. Naturally then, if you employed a white person to work in a shop they'd do an awful job because they wouldn't be able to serve any of the racist clientele.
If we can choose against people by how well they'd do a job, and being white would mean you couldn't do a job, could we choose not to employ a white person because of this?
more...
brucem91
May 10, 09:05 PM
My buddy gave me the copy he got.
So i guess I'm outta luck!
Oh well.... I guess I will go bother Best Buy for my Beta Code!
Getting the application doesn't let you play. The game is online, and you have to log into SC II with a battle.net account that has a StarCraft 2 Beta Key registered with it.
So i guess I'm outta luck!
Oh well.... I guess I will go bother Best Buy for my Beta Code!
Getting the application doesn't let you play. The game is online, and you have to log into SC II with a battle.net account that has a StarCraft 2 Beta Key registered with it.
jsw
Sep 19, 10:48 AM
Gar! Perhaps ye be best served with some o' me best lines (http://www.talklikeapirate.com/howto.html#pickup) to use w' th' young lasses.
Though be warned... those that be interested in th' words o' a gentleman o' fortune such as meself are oft'n wenches, not th' buxom beauties and lasses ye probably long for. If'n th' young lass at th' Apple Store be not a wench, ye might be findin' that th' nano be not so small when it be shoved into certain places.
Though be warned... those that be interested in th' words o' a gentleman o' fortune such as meself are oft'n wenches, not th' buxom beauties and lasses ye probably long for. If'n th' young lass at th' Apple Store be not a wench, ye might be findin' that th' nano be not so small when it be shoved into certain places.
sartis
Apr 12, 02:17 PM
It seems snappier!
J/K
J/K
thejadedmonkey
Oct 16, 05:29 PM
Good, I need a new cellphone, and I'm finding that as a college student I'm using my iPod less and less.
iMrNiceGuy0023
Jan 6, 11:37 PM
I updated...but the app store is still telling me I have a facebook app update....anyone else have this issue?
CycloneWarrior
Apr 24, 04:48 PM
ATTENTION: ONLY FOR iOS 3.1X - 4.2
All right, so first off, download iMemory Enhancer from the insanelyi repo. If you don't have it, go to Cydia and then Manage>Sources>Edit>Add>repo.insanelyiph0ne.com.
After downloaded, respring your iDevice.
Then go swipe your status bar at the top for the SBSettings. If you don't have it, download it from the Search icon on Cydia.
Then when you're on the SBSettings, click "Processes", and then "Free up memory". Then, look at your available more at the bottom of the SBSettings. It should have more than it had before.
Good luck! ;)
All right, so first off, download iMemory Enhancer from the insanelyi repo. If you don't have it, go to Cydia and then Manage>Sources>Edit>Add>repo.insanelyiph0ne.com.
After downloaded, respring your iDevice.
Then go swipe your status bar at the top for the SBSettings. If you don't have it, download it from the Search icon on Cydia.
Then when you're on the SBSettings, click "Processes", and then "Free up memory". Then, look at your available more at the bottom of the SBSettings. It should have more than it had before.
Good luck! ;)
crazzyeddie
Nov 1, 11:18 PM
For the specific Mac models (like the oogles of PowerMac revisions), would it be wise to just link directly to AppleSpec instead of making our own? We already have [[PowerMac]] with links to [[PowerMac_G4]] which then links to [[PowerMac_specificModel]]. Maybe the links on the PowerMac_G4 page should be to the AppleSpec PDFs for those models?
Deepdale
Sep 17, 04:39 AM
[QUOTE=LethalWolfe]Ask her if you can mount your drive on her desktop./QUOTE]
:) Asking is clearly worth a shot. What's the worst that can happen ... being told that going for coffee is okay, but no new discs are being allowed in her Superdrive for the forseeable future? It might help if you have a letter from Steve approving of this.
:) Asking is clearly worth a shot. What's the worst that can happen ... being told that going for coffee is okay, but no new discs are being allowed in her Superdrive for the forseeable future? It might help if you have a letter from Steve approving of this.
No comments:
Post a Comment