sbabunle
11-17 09:26 AM
Way to Go India!!!!
Jai Hinddd!!!!
Jai Hinddd!!!!
wallpaper Images Gold, Silver amp;
copsmart
09-16 09:46 AM
My case is little bit different.
EAD was approved on August 11th and I got the card in mail couple of days after I received the email. But, I haven't received the approval notice for my EAD yet. The status on the EAD shows that the approval notice was sent on August 13th. I had no issues with AP though.
Application Type: I765, APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION
Current Status: Approval notice sent.
On August 13, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION.
EAD was approved on August 11th and I got the card in mail couple of days after I received the email. But, I haven't received the approval notice for my EAD yet. The status on the EAD shows that the approval notice was sent on August 13th. I had no issues with AP though.
Application Type: I765, APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION
Current Status: Approval notice sent.
On August 13, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION.
purplehazea
05-31 12:45 PM
I have interview for AOS employment based on June 20th, 2006. The letter simply says get passport and I94. However i am planning to take all documents with me.
Here are my case details:
- Labor was filed in 2001 Nov in MI
- 140 approved in Oct 2003
- 485 filed in Jan 2004
- changed employer in 2004 Nov on EAD
- RFE for employment letter in Mar 2004
- Case transfered to local office (Newark), May 2005
- 3 EAD renewals, 3 AP renewals
- 25 % more salary than old job. Title in old job was programmer/analyst.
- New job when joined was Systems Analyst.
- For RFE response, supplied a good letter with same job description.
- The current JOb is NJ with a well known insurance company.
- Recently i got promoted to Information systems Consultant
Now my Qs are
- What can i expect during the interview?
- Anyone with similar experience, can you share ur experience?
- Change in titles, more salary, labor being from a different state etc are
making me very nervous
- Are there chances that i get rejected/approved same day? if rejected, will be disastrous as i am not H1 anymore?
Most of the time they will just verify some of your application details verbally. The fact that this is an AOS interview should give you positive hope instead of negative feelings. In my experience they will never schedule an appointment if they have queries or doubts about your status, bro.
Here are my case details:
- Labor was filed in 2001 Nov in MI
- 140 approved in Oct 2003
- 485 filed in Jan 2004
- changed employer in 2004 Nov on EAD
- RFE for employment letter in Mar 2004
- Case transfered to local office (Newark), May 2005
- 3 EAD renewals, 3 AP renewals
- 25 % more salary than old job. Title in old job was programmer/analyst.
- New job when joined was Systems Analyst.
- For RFE response, supplied a good letter with same job description.
- The current JOb is NJ with a well known insurance company.
- Recently i got promoted to Information systems Consultant
Now my Qs are
- What can i expect during the interview?
- Anyone with similar experience, can you share ur experience?
- Change in titles, more salary, labor being from a different state etc are
making me very nervous
- Are there chances that i get rejected/approved same day? if rejected, will be disastrous as i am not H1 anymore?
Most of the time they will just verify some of your application details verbally. The fact that this is an AOS interview should give you positive hope instead of negative feelings. In my experience they will never schedule an appointment if they have queries or doubts about your status, bro.
2011 WebSurveyor Generated Chart
chanduv23
09-17 02:10 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^
more...
Cheran
07-28 03:19 PM
We are planning to go to India in the last week of September. My current AP expires by Oct 10. Hence applying for a new one. How long are AP approvals taking now a days at TSC.
Thanks in advance
-Krishna
My Receipt Date was 06/09, still waiting.
Thanks in advance
-Krishna
My Receipt Date was 06/09, still waiting.
addsf345
11-20 04:21 PM
Co-sufferers,
Due to our enemy#1 - Mr.Retrogression :eek: and the current state of economy, so many of us have used or will be using (willingly or not) AC-21 provision soon. I am wondering if you have seen cases denied solely due to AC-21?
There are other threads for wrong denials due to employer invoking an approved I-140 after 180 days of filling 485. However this is to discuss the ultimate outcome of the case, as the above CIS mistake can be revoked using an MTR. What could be the other reasons? Historically? Statistics?
I have personally met some people who used AC-21 and all of them have their 485 approved.:rolleyes: So please share more details if you have gone through this pain, or know someone. Knowing what went wrong can help all of us others to watch out for such mistakes.:confused:
Thanks all for sharing.:)
I personally know one my co-worker and other a friend's friend. Both from India & didn't even informed INS (now CIS) about job change. No RFE, they did recieve their GC without any issues.
Due to our enemy#1 - Mr.Retrogression :eek: and the current state of economy, so many of us have used or will be using (willingly or not) AC-21 provision soon. I am wondering if you have seen cases denied solely due to AC-21?
There are other threads for wrong denials due to employer invoking an approved I-140 after 180 days of filling 485. However this is to discuss the ultimate outcome of the case, as the above CIS mistake can be revoked using an MTR. What could be the other reasons? Historically? Statistics?
I have personally met some people who used AC-21 and all of them have their 485 approved.:rolleyes: So please share more details if you have gone through this pain, or know someone. Knowing what went wrong can help all of us others to watch out for such mistakes.:confused:
Thanks all for sharing.:)
I personally know one my co-worker and other a friend's friend. Both from India & didn't even informed INS (now CIS) about job change. No RFE, they did recieve their GC without any issues.
more...
ramboom1
03-28 09:20 AM
Fellow IV members,
How come the "Hard Limit" is not talked about / mentioned in any of the big websites? Shusterman.com / Aila.org et all. Is it possible to get an immigration attorney to explain this crucial issue of "Hard Limit" to IV core team ?
How come the "Hard Limit" is not talked about / mentioned in any of the big websites? Shusterman.com / Aila.org et all. Is it possible to get an immigration attorney to explain this crucial issue of "Hard Limit" to IV core team ?
2010 As indicated in the chart
gcwait2007
10-21 10:29 AM
Great Work Ashkam. Please accept my appreciations.
Do you have any similar 'SOP' for I-140? I googled and could not find one.
If you have one for I-140, can you pls post the same?
Thanks in advance.
Do you have any similar 'SOP' for I-140? I googled and could not find one.
If you have one for I-140, can you pls post the same?
Thanks in advance.
more...
chanduv23
09-17 02:21 PM
Numbers are changing
People are moving away from screens and coming to DC !!!
Thank You Everyone for acting
yes -- they act fast
TRAFFIC JAMS AROUND DC AREA -
TRAFFIC BUILDING ALL THE WAY UP I 95
YES - BEEAT THE TRAFFIC START NOW HEAD TOWARDS DC
People are moving away from screens and coming to DC !!!
Thank You Everyone for acting
yes -- they act fast
TRAFFIC JAMS AROUND DC AREA -
TRAFFIC BUILDING ALL THE WAY UP I 95
YES - BEEAT THE TRAFFIC START NOW HEAD TOWARDS DC
hair STAMPEDE
immi_enthu
10-01 04:58 PM
I doubt that all the pending applicants in EB categories will be forced to re-apply in the new point based systems. That system might be for the new applicants, There might very well be a recapture for all the lost visa so far...to get thru the pending applications quickly so that the new point based system would be in place...I highly doubt that all the pending applicants will be forced to apply in the point based system...I would like to get input from others as well
Going by the fact about what happened to the labor certification cases filed before April 2005 (They were sent to BECs and most of them were stuck there till December 2007). But the labor certifications by the new PERM system where approved within weeks. I am afraid same would happen if the new point system comes into place while the old GCs will be stuck until several years.
Ofcourse most of them will apply again through the new system if this happens. In a way forced to apply again in the new system.
Going by the fact about what happened to the labor certification cases filed before April 2005 (They were sent to BECs and most of them were stuck there till December 2007). But the labor certifications by the new PERM system where approved within weeks. I am afraid same would happen if the new point system comes into place while the old GCs will be stuck until several years.
Ofcourse most of them will apply again through the new system if this happens. In a way forced to apply again in the new system.
more...
morchu
05-04 02:44 PM
Going to the original question. The H1B doesnt get invalidated.
The rules and available interpretations and memos talks only about the condition to "grant the extension". No where it mentioned a condition to invalidate an already granted extension.
As per the Neufeld memo links below:
On page 4 of memo:
USCIS is required to grant the extension of stay pursuant to �106(a) of AC21, in one-year increments, until such time as a final decision has been made to:
A. Deny the application for labor certification, or, if the labor certification is approved, to deny the EB immigrant petition that was filed pursuant to the approved labor certification;
B. Deny the EB immigrant petition, or
C. Grant or deny the alien�s application for an immigrant visa or for adjustment of status.
So if denied, there is no extension of H1B, the fact that 140 was approved is inconsequential since 140 approval is but one step in the process if 485 is denied then the whole application was denied and since the h1b extension is simply a stop gap till a final decision can be reached. The only recourse you have is to try and file a MTR with USCIS to reopen the 485.
See links below for more data
http://ac21portability.com/modules/wflinks/
see Neufeld memo specifically, they also have all other memos and guidelines.
The rules and available interpretations and memos talks only about the condition to "grant the extension". No where it mentioned a condition to invalidate an already granted extension.
As per the Neufeld memo links below:
On page 4 of memo:
USCIS is required to grant the extension of stay pursuant to �106(a) of AC21, in one-year increments, until such time as a final decision has been made to:
A. Deny the application for labor certification, or, if the labor certification is approved, to deny the EB immigrant petition that was filed pursuant to the approved labor certification;
B. Deny the EB immigrant petition, or
C. Grant or deny the alien�s application for an immigrant visa or for adjustment of status.
So if denied, there is no extension of H1B, the fact that 140 was approved is inconsequential since 140 approval is but one step in the process if 485 is denied then the whole application was denied and since the h1b extension is simply a stop gap till a final decision can be reached. The only recourse you have is to try and file a MTR with USCIS to reopen the 485.
See links below for more data
http://ac21portability.com/modules/wflinks/
see Neufeld memo specifically, they also have all other memos and guidelines.
hot As indicated in the chart
boreal
08-24 06:08 PM
#2 sorry about the tone. It was actually a copy paste from my email to a paid attorney.
Can you help with my queries: 1) What kind of queries can we expect from the DOL ? 2) what questions should I ask the potential employer ?
Please dont do this to all ppl waiting in the line.
Yeah, even if you go ahead and do it, very small chance that this would be approved because of the tougher regulations these days...
Can you help with my queries: 1) What kind of queries can we expect from the DOL ? 2) what questions should I ask the potential employer ?
Please dont do this to all ppl waiting in the line.
Yeah, even if you go ahead and do it, very small chance that this would be approved because of the tougher regulations these days...
more...
house mistakes are rooted not in
div_bell_2003
01-12 02:32 PM
If your I-485 was filed in that mad rush on July 2007, you *have* to pay renewal fees for EAD/AP every single time. Remember, USCIS had extended July 07 filings acceptance date till August 17,2007 due to their own screw up. Here on or before 30th July 2007 means 17th August, 2007. FYI, my I-485 was filed on 17th August, 2007.
But if you have filed your I-485 after that and the filing fee for that was around $1000 ($1010 I believe ), then you get free renewal of EAD/AP. When I e-filed the EAD for my wife, it made the fee calculation for me, so it's hard to go wrong there.
Gurus,
Here is what I found on USCIS website for renewal I765
*****
If you are filing for an extension of your Employment Authorization and your Form I-485, Application for Permanent Residence, was filed before July 30, 2007, then you must pay the $340 filing fee.
*****
I filled my EAD with I485 on August 2007. I got my EAD on 10/21/2007 which
is expired and want to renew it.
Do I need to pay the filing fee? Here it says any one filed I765 before July 30th 2007, they need to pay the renewal fee but nothing is mentioned for those who filed afterJuly 30th 2007?
Does any one has any idea?
But if you have filed your I-485 after that and the filing fee for that was around $1000 ($1010 I believe ), then you get free renewal of EAD/AP. When I e-filed the EAD for my wife, it made the fee calculation for me, so it's hard to go wrong there.
Gurus,
Here is what I found on USCIS website for renewal I765
*****
If you are filing for an extension of your Employment Authorization and your Form I-485, Application for Permanent Residence, was filed before July 30, 2007, then you must pay the $340 filing fee.
*****
I filled my EAD with I485 on August 2007. I got my EAD on 10/21/2007 which
is expired and want to renew it.
Do I need to pay the filing fee? Here it says any one filed I765 before July 30th 2007, they need to pay the renewal fee but nothing is mentioned for those who filed afterJuly 30th 2007?
Does any one has any idea?
tattoo and a collapse back

ThinkTwice
07-09 08:11 PM
Please be present and get some shots and videos if possible ..(please confirm that you can take pictures etc) .. it would be great, we in other areas would like to get a glimse of how this whole thing went down...
more...
pictures Hello there!
voldemar
02-27 05:11 PM
6) The simple logic is, eb1 has higher qualifications than eb2, and eb2 has more qualifications compared to eb3. If you believe they treat everyone the same, then be happy and stick with your belief.That's true. Also EB3 cases are the easiest, EB2 a little more complex and EB1 the most complex. USCIS officers tend to do easiest job more often ;)
dresses UK Top 40 Singles Chart 28-11-
watzgc
04-22 08:06 PM
i had the same situation. your friend can apply for H1-B coz he is already counted. He'll loose whatever time that he is used on EAD and get the remaining time that is left on his 6 year period. If 6 years is already passed, he can still file for H1-B based on labor, 140 approval. In my case, my H1-B got denied coz of employer issues and i have an another H1-B with another company. Mean while i have filed AC21 with my new employer to be able to work..Hope this helps..
Hi Sankar,
Can one apply for another h1b if h1b extn not come thru and h1b already expired ?
Hi Sankar,
Can one apply for another h1b if h1b extn not come thru and h1b already expired ?
more...
makeup Not breaking this last level
arnet
10-24 01:16 PM
thanks janilsal for letting us know abt this program and please let us know if you receive any reply.
IV members should follow this program and ask lawmakers abt this retrogression issue if yahoo brings more lawmakers to this program.
Yahoo has a program to basically field questions to various congressmen and senators (most of them are prominent).
On Oct 26th, Rep. Tom Davis is going to answer questions.
I have comment #170 at:
http://news.yahoo.com/b/judy_woodruff/j_woodruff11183?rf=166#comments
In the future, there will be more law makers.
IV members should follow this program and ask lawmakers abt this retrogression issue if yahoo brings more lawmakers to this program.
Yahoo has a program to basically field questions to various congressmen and senators (most of them are prominent).
On Oct 26th, Rep. Tom Davis is going to answer questions.
I have comment #170 at:
http://news.yahoo.com/b/judy_woodruff/j_woodruff11183?rf=166#comments
In the future, there will be more law makers.
girlfriend Eur - Usd 4h Chart - ( 27 28

sunnymit
03-30 02:56 PM
Yeah.. the list of supported documents on that link is still ok. However, really speaking those are too many documents and most of them are "just in case" documents - 4 pay stubs, 3 or 4 W2s etc. etc. But anyway...
hairstyles Chart 28 Implicit volatility
rameshk75
05-23 02:35 PM
I have filed 485/EAD/AP in Aug'07 and changed the address online using AR11 followed by the petitions for 485/EAD/AP for my self and the dependant.
Got confirmation in mail for all the pending petitions after 2 weeks. I have NOT called the USCIS office for the address change.
Hope this helps !!
Kunal,
please contribute for the funding drive if you have not yet...help IV to achieve the success for all US !!
Got confirmation in mail for all the pending petitions after 2 weeks. I have NOT called the USCIS office for the address change.
Hope this helps !!
Kunal,
please contribute for the funding drive if you have not yet...help IV to achieve the success for all US !!
lostinbeta
10-21 04:20 AM
I guess the team that is on the ball that night is the one that deserves to win :)
Alright.... 4:20am here.... I should probably at least try and get some sleep or something.
Goodnight:)
Alright.... 4:20am here.... I should probably at least try and get some sleep or something.
Goodnight:)
payal_nag
12-07 04:58 PM
Hi,
I had a somewhat similar situation, had to get my name changed on the passport to my married name. Its been 2.5 weeks since I sent everything to Indian Consulate , SF and have not received my new passport back. I have had to cancel my travel plans as well as my appointment at the new delhi consulate.
So please keep ample provision for the passport to come back when making travel plans.
- payal
I had a somewhat similar situation, had to get my name changed on the passport to my married name. Its been 2.5 weeks since I sent everything to Indian Consulate , SF and have not received my new passport back. I have had to cancel my travel plans as well as my appointment at the new delhi consulate.
So please keep ample provision for the passport to come back when making travel plans.
- payal
No comments:
Post a Comment