Thursday, June 2, 2011

know your meme

know your meme. Raptor Jesus / Know Your Meme
  • Raptor Jesus / Know Your Meme



  • jglavin
    Jan 8, 11:57 PM
    +1 on spotty push... gonna give it a few days and see if it improves. What I am looking for is similar behavior to the mail app... I do not want alerts to pop up, just sounds and a badge. This is not working at all for me. I have yet to see the badge update itself. Alerts were working for me, but quite annoying (because as we all know the "ambient noise" level on Facebook is very high).

    Is there a place to report these bugs to the developer?

    Edit: I am also seeing the problem with updates remaining available after being installed, as well as sporadic issues with the Push notifications system on other apps. 3 billion downloads might be taking their toll on Apple's cloud... hopefully the new server farm goes online soon...





    know your meme. http://cdn3.knowyourmeme.com/i
  • http://cdn3.knowyourmeme.com/i



  • gkarris
    May 5, 10:55 AM
    Devil's Advocate:

    I bought a Netbook Holiday Special ($199 normally $399 with ATI chip and graphics and Win 7 Home Premium) from the MS Store last Dec.

    MS took off the manufacturer's build (with tons of bloat-ware) and put their own on. It included a lot MS of extras (photo, video editing, music editor - sounding familiar?) and their premium Anti-Virus with lifetime subscription.

    When it booted, it only asked for my username and the type of network to connect to (again - familiar? LOL)

    I haven't had any problems with it whatsoever... :eek:

    Just food for thought...





    know your meme. DERP | Know Your Meme
  • DERP | Know Your Meme



  • xPismo
    Oct 27, 01:14 AM
    Yeah! I knew paying for .mac would pay off in the end!! I like it. Cool stuff.





    know your meme. Know Your Meme
  • Know Your Meme



  • CC424
    Mar 10, 08:22 PM
    I'm in Dallas and will not be getting the iPad2. I think Apple has enough of my cash. I have Macbook Pro, iPad 1, & iPhone 4...not to mention the first 3 iPhones that I bought. Anyway, I'm just glad to see how many people from DTown are on this forum!

    Maybe I'll be at North Park but only to down a couple at the Kona Grill :)



    more...


    know your meme. Know Your Meme#39;s guest blogger
  • Know Your Meme#39;s guest blogger



  • appleguy123
    Mar 26, 05:09 PM
    Two questions:

    1) Is that an iPad on the table?
    2) Who paid for the coffee? :D

    -Kevin
    http://www.9to5mac.com/files/Screen%20shot%202010-03-26%20at%205.26.29%20PM.png
    It's one of those containers holding the bill. It's too black to be an iPad.





    know your meme. Know Your Meme
  • Know Your Meme



  • Eraserhead
    Jun 11, 08:57 AM
    Networking and Internet has been gone through, as has software, so the only "bad" pages are now in Old Categories.



    more...


    know your meme. link:// Know Your Meme
  • link:// Know Your Meme



  • Applejuiced
    Dec 27, 07:11 PM
    That's beyond rediculous.
    NYC is banned?





    know your meme. Rap | Know Your Meme
  • Rap | Know Your Meme



  • rlreif
    Oct 16, 08:03 PM
    Hmm... I've held off on buying both a new phone and a new iPod for a while now, assuming that I'd want whatever phone Apple eventually comes out with, but the mention of battery life issues concerns me. If the battery goes dead on my iPod, no big deal, I don't listen to music until I charge it again. But if the battery goes dead on my phone, I could miss an important call. And if I have to monitor how much music I listen to to ensure that I can still receive calls, that might be a problem. Ideally, they could address this concern by having some software that told you well in advance that if you stop listening to music now, you still have so much time left on your phone.

    im with you on this...
    im all for convergence to a point...
    i agree with you about the mp3 and phone convergence..
    i still want a treo killer iphone though...
    id rather have my ipod combined with a good camera in one device
    and an itreo in another



    more...


    know your meme. Know Your Meme: joseph meme
  • Know Your Meme: joseph meme



  • cookieme
    Oct 27, 08:21 AM
    Did they give you the full HE discount though - Leopard for �58.75? Or did they charge �75?

    I payed �76.50 which is what they call the Individual Educator discount. I wasn't aware that there are different education discounts.





    know your meme. Know your meme vintage mini
  • Know your meme vintage mini



  • PsyD4Me
    May 2, 12:50 PM
    From the store.:p



    more...


    know your meme. Know Your Meme: Boxxy
  • Know Your Meme: Boxxy



  • Michael CM1
    Jun 21, 12:45 AM
    Thanks for all the input.

    I honestly haven't played much of the games some of you listed as platform-specific. I bought a Wii because of the virtual console games from old systems and the Zelda: Twilight Princess game available at launch. It was also $250 at the time versus like $400 and $600. I like a lot of the games I have bought for it, but damned EA Sports and it's awful NCAA Football attempt.

    I think I like FPS games, but it of course depends on which one. I've heard a lot about Halo being good. I remember David Pollack talking about playing that with his roommates when he was at UGA. I think that was in the Halo 2 days. I liked playing Half-Life in college on our network, but I didn't play much of the story. SOCOM: US Navy SEALs was pretty awesome on the PS2, but I got stuck at a couple of parts on it.

    As I said, I heard about a Magic: The Gathering game on 360 that sounds interesting. In my PC days, there was an online PC version of that game that I enjoyed a bit.

    Someone may need to explain the point of such big hard disks to me on the 360 and PS3. I know you can download movies and such, but I'm still a disc whore/Apple whore. I've got a lot of BDs and DVDs that I use, plus I plan on getting an Apple TV whenever Steve-o decides to update it. I watch a TON of my DVDs ripped to my computer. The Wii has storage space mostly for saves and VC games. I have a 4GB SD card in there, which is way more than I need. See I'd buy the $250 system with two free games if not for the insanity of $90 for a WiFi adapter. My Wii has WiFi built in and costs $200 now. Microsoft, c'mon.

    One last thing probably is system reliability. I've had a Wii since launch with no problems. I bought a PS2 before the slimming and it stopped playing stuff effectively, which forced me to buy a Slim. I don't know anybody who owned a PS2 who didn't have to do that. Consider me wary of Sony because of that, just this time the hardware has cost twice as much. I have two BD players. Yeah, it would be neat to have a newer one to replace my pre-Netflix streaming system that loads a little slow, but it still plays mostly fine. I've got another much better BD player, both of these Samsungs, and it's kick-ass.

    Thanks again for the info. My only hangup right now on deciding on a 360 is the stinkin' Live Gold card. At least I don't have to buy that upfront. Oh yeah, I also don't want to see Tim Tebow's stupid face on NCAA Football for the next year. I would pay $100 for the game if I could get anybody on the cover but that douche. Unfortunately, even a replaced cover won't cover up the art in the game. AUGGH.





    know your meme. Rap | Know Your Meme
  • Rap | Know Your Meme



  • dusty59
    Dec 28, 09:13 AM
    "AT&T may 'periodically modify [their] promotions and distribution channels.'"

    Not so much doubt cast, unless one believes that such periodic modifications are random and mercurial.

    AT&T sucks, plain & simple. They've been allowed to score big w/ their exclusive iPhone contract, and think that marketing will remedy the problem.

    Wake up Apple.



    more...


    know your meme. found on http://knowyourmeme.
  • found on http://knowyourmeme.



  • pianojoe
    Jul 6, 02:30 AM
    This brings up an interesting question for me:

    Since the Mac mounts Windows FW drives no prob, couln't you just move the PC's HD to a FW enclosure, and connect it to the iMac?

    Just guessing...





    know your meme. If I want Know Your Meme,
  • If I want Know Your Meme,



  • bwaltens
    Mar 11, 01:54 PM
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

    Thy just handed out pizza and smart water at southlake!



    more...


    know your meme. page on Know Your Meme.
  • page on Know Your Meme.



  • bniu
    Apr 16, 03:31 PM
    I still prefer the nation's fastest network (AT&T) over the most reliable (VZW) any day. Not to mention my GSM 32GB iPad 1 can be used internationally as well. Besides, in my neck of the woods, AT&T service has been very reliable for data consumption. No complaints here.

    as an ATT iPhone 4 user, I figured why not get the verizon iPad and get the best of both worlds? If I want the nation's fastest network in the places that it actually has reception, it's easy to tether the iPhone to the iPad via personal hotspot. If there's no ATT coverage (in my school), then verizon iPad saves the day with access to the most reliable network.





    know your meme. KNOW YOUR MEME: MARTINEZ DO
  • KNOW YOUR MEME: MARTINEZ DO



  • chmorley
    Sep 13, 08:44 AM
    Originally posted by ewinemiller
    ...and then factor out mhz, this is the list fastest to slowest: PIII-mobile, P4-533mhz bus, PIII-coppermine, G4-quicksilver, G3, PII. Of course with the boosted bus on the new G4s, this ranking may well have changed, but the point is, the P4 is no longer the laggard it was at it's introduction...

    ...I have to believe that Steve and Co. have something interesting up their sleeve because to follow Motorola's plodding updates to the G4 seems like a slow suicide and would be a terrible thing to do to the stockholders and fans of the platform.

    Before I get flamed about how it's worth the performance hit and cost to avoid the PCs reputation for more downtime. I haven't a problem like that since NT4 with sp3 as long as I use a top tier vender like dell. The handful of homegrown machines I've built since then have been notoriously twitchy, but is probably more an indicator of my skills as a system integrator not of the platform in general. Some great, true, and sad points. However, you are comparing old Macs with newer PCs. There are other factors besides processor speed that might be affecting your outcome. In addition, I wonder if the software you're using is optimized for AltiVec.

    Secondly, I agree that NT4 is notoriously stable. Isn't it a bit sad, though, that M$ofties have to use an old OS to get stability. Nonetheless, it is true that Wintel users can have greater speed and great stability on their machines. It's still not OS X, but if you're comfortable in the environment and get get things done (sometimes more) efficiently, why would you buy a new (more expensive) Mac.

    Thirdly, I think Motorola is keeping up with (the bastardaized interpretation of) Mohr's Law over the past year or two. The problem is that somewhere between their speed superiority and today, they lost ground.

    I love Apple, but if they don't find a way to catch up, they're dead in the water.

    Chris

    p.s., Dell a "top tier" vendor?



    more...


    know your meme. Know your meme!
  • Know your meme!



  • soapsuds
    Oct 7, 01:26 AM
    Not that I don't think this rumor is unfounded, but I could imagine a really tiny iPhone nano using the screen, CPU, and OS of the new iPod nano (i.e., no web, camera or apps), especially if it was cheap even with no contract and you could transfer the SIM card from your iPhone and use it as an alternate phone for sports or for girls going out etc. Text entry would be cumbersome, but if you could edit your address book from a PC when syncing, it wouldn't matter as much.

    If the iPod Nano is $149 now, perhaps in a year the same parts plus a cell radio could be sold for $149 with no contract, or really cheap ($49 or less) with a contract. I could imagine at that price, parents could buy it for their kids, but due to the limitations it wouldn't cannibalize iPhone sales. It also might serve as a way to enter emerging markets.





    know your meme. Source: http://knowyourmeme.
  • Source: http://knowyourmeme.



  • Legion93
    Apr 22, 05:26 PM
    I prefer pepsi to coke. Anyone?





    know your meme. Know Your Meme on Boxxy.
  • Know Your Meme on Boxxy.



  • jayducharme
    Oct 9, 03:24 PM
    Misleading headline, if it weren't for the question mark. The article seems like an ad for Symantec. The author begins by refuting the "NSFW" assertion but then ends saying that Symantec might offer a good solution.





    henrikrox
    May 6, 05:35 PM
    very nice, what model do you have?





    Molnies
    Sep 25, 09:58 AM
    how many of us actually care much about aperture...?
    Anybody that is a photographer?

    At least I care alot, and this could mean a whole lot of improvement for my company.





    gammamonk
    Nov 11, 10:01 PM
    The above three posts are my best effort translating. That PC guy talks insanely fast. ;)





    shelterpaw
    Sep 1, 12:21 PM
    I have a Windows XP box on my desk next to my G5 and XP's windows and menus are lightning fast and immediately responsive.

    There have been a few ways to increase the speed of the menu's. One was plist edit where you just changed a value and it made menu's pup-up instantly. I can't seem to find the how to, but there's one somewhere. Maybe someone here knows what I'm talking about and can post a link.





    Stately
    Nov 11, 08:56 AM
    Why RFID?

    Vending Machines

    Gas Pumps

    Door locks and passage locks

    Home security system thing - let's you know who came to your door etc.

    Subway Train Token

    Movie Tickets

    Digital "tickets" for anything.

    Museum audio program guide thingies.

    Micro Payment systems

    Demographic plotting of people passing a turnstile

    I hope people try to see beyond the "evil Gubment" spy stuff.

    I think most do, even those who aren't conspiracy theorists. But it doesn't alleviate the fact that what you said remains true. The question is, do you want that type of control hovering overhead for a gadget that would make life easier? If someone had a million dollar motorcycle made for you but later they said, I get to watch you wherever you go. And you were uneasy about it, but loved the speed and the adrenaline rush of the ride and said to yourself "well I'll be obeying the speed limit anyway" so you let it go and kept the bike. Soon you found out they weren't just watching you when you were riding, they watched you wherever the bike was. Therefore, regardless of speed limit and adherence to the law, you were still monitored. A little creepy huh? Lol. :D



    No comments:

    Post a Comment