
Redeye
04-21 03:32 PM
You aint getting any information or clarification on this buddy. Everyone says it is a gray area. I am getting gray hair trying to get clarification for this gray area :)
Something so simple cannot be clarified, this is pathetic state of our being. Cant get a head start on business or even think about doing anything out of the box. Depressing!!!
Something so simple cannot be clarified, this is pathetic state of our being. Cant get a head start on business or even think about doing anything out of the box. Depressing!!!
wallpaper clip art free. irthday
dearscorpius
11-27 11:07 PM
Thanks for your reply. Since I won't be working for Company A, so I have to tell them the situation. If Company A is willing to keep my H1B with them active, until Company B gets my H1B approved, you think that will be OK for me?
I am not sure, I can use a H1B transfer, from Company A to Company B, since I never work for Company A, so I do not have a pay check from Company A. Would this be an obstacle for me to transfer my H1B from Company A to B?
I appreciate your help!
You can have multiple H1B. If I were you, I wouldnt tell anything to the company A at this juncture.
I am not sure, I can use a H1B transfer, from Company A to Company B, since I never work for Company A, so I do not have a pay check from Company A. Would this be an obstacle for me to transfer my H1B from Company A to B?
I appreciate your help!
You can have multiple H1B. If I were you, I wouldnt tell anything to the company A at this juncture.
GCard_Dream
07-28 04:17 PM
Thank you for the very helpful information. This is exactly what I plan to do unless the IO at the port-of-entry specifically asks for the travel doc. I sure hope that it doesn't come to that because I don't want to use the travel doc.
When we have traveled to Matamoros, MX for stamping we had AP and H1/H4. On return we have used H1/H4. NO questions asked at the border check post.
When we have traveled to Matamoros, MX for stamping we had AP and H1/H4. On return we have used H1/H4. NO questions asked at the border check post.
2011 Cartoon Clipart
pmb76
07-17 07:00 PM
my lawyer missed the 2nd july deadline even when he had all the papers. Now i am asking him to meet 30th july deadline he is not responding . what are the papers needed to file I485. Can I file it without lawyers help? He does have my immunization papers
Below is a rough checklist I prepared for myself:
1. Six Photographs with name on back in pencil. YES
2. Copy of Birth Certificate with affidavits from Parents. YES
3. Checks for Filing fees. YES
4. Completed forms I-485, G-325A, G-28, I-765 and I-131. YES
5. Color Copies of passports. YES
6. Copy of I-94 both sides. YES
7. Copies of F-1 visa, I-20, OPT EAD and H1B visas. YES
8. Copies of W2s and tax returns for the years 2004, 2005 and 2006. YES
9. Medical examination Report. YES
11. Letter of Employment. YES
12. Copy of EAD and EAD application receipt. YES
13. Bank statement. YES
Below is a rough checklist I prepared for myself:
1. Six Photographs with name on back in pencil. YES
2. Copy of Birth Certificate with affidavits from Parents. YES
3. Checks for Filing fees. YES
4. Completed forms I-485, G-325A, G-28, I-765 and I-131. YES
5. Color Copies of passports. YES
6. Copy of I-94 both sides. YES
7. Copies of F-1 visa, I-20, OPT EAD and H1B visas. YES
8. Copies of W2s and tax returns for the years 2004, 2005 and 2006. YES
9. Medical examination Report. YES
11. Letter of Employment. YES
12. Copy of EAD and EAD application receipt. YES
13. Bank statement. YES
more...
jayZinDC
05-30 03:07 PM
Is it the receipt number, where did you check it??
yes, put in u'r receipt # here, it usually takes 24 hrs for online status to show up
https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/caseStatusSearch.do
yes, put in u'r receipt # here, it usually takes 24 hrs for online status to show up
https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/caseStatusSearch.do
cygent
11-04 08:19 PM
How to change the title?
click Edit - then "Go Advanced" button to change the Title. Save.
click Edit - then "Go Advanced" button to change the Title. Save.
more...
Berkeleybee
02-09 10:40 PM
Helpful_Leo,
Would you start a new thread to explain what text in the PACE Act makes you think that only future F-4s will benefit from this? Feel free to cut and paste from the bill.
I'm sure PACE will go through many revisions -- it would be helpful to know what the fine print/nitty gritty is.
It is my understanding that the intent of PACE is to provide this benefit to all US STEM Advanced degrees.
best,
Berkeleybee
Would you start a new thread to explain what text in the PACE Act makes you think that only future F-4s will benefit from this? Feel free to cut and paste from the bill.
I'm sure PACE will go through many revisions -- it would be helpful to know what the fine print/nitty gritty is.
It is my understanding that the intent of PACE is to provide this benefit to all US STEM Advanced degrees.
best,
Berkeleybee
2010 happy birthday animated cards
India_USA
10-20 09:44 AM
Is this from NSC or TSC? Also, did your attorney include your diploma with your B.Sc to equivate it to a 4 year degree at any point during the filing of the I-140?
If your diploma is accredited with a recognized university - you should be fine.
If your diploma is accredited with a recognized university - you should be fine.
more...
alias
02-07 11:07 AM
This is a very genuine concern. I being the only son have worries on the same lines too. Although my parents are healthy and doing fine at this time but I get really get tensed to fathom what is there down the line in another 5 years or so. Bringing them here is not an option, medical insurance will not cover pre-existing condition neither is there any visa other than B2. Two options come to my mind:
1) I take up job which requires lot of travel, back-and-forth to India.
2) I move for good to India.
3) Look for a full-time nurse to be available to take care of them and I travel to India once in every 3 months, may be just for a week or so each time.
All three options put a dent in your life. But I guess the golden period of life is over, remaining period of life will go raising your kids, looking after your parents. Sometimes I like the American culture a lot; you get to enjoy all life long!
1) I take up job which requires lot of travel, back-and-forth to India.
2) I move for good to India.
3) Look for a full-time nurse to be available to take care of them and I travel to India once in every 3 months, may be just for a week or so each time.
All three options put a dent in your life. But I guess the golden period of life is over, remaining period of life will go raising your kids, looking after your parents. Sometimes I like the American culture a lot; you get to enjoy all life long!
hair clipart cartoon characters.
tnite
07-26 09:08 AM
Bibs:
To apply for EAD you need the following documents
1. I-131 EAD Application document
2. Copy of I-485 receipt notice
3. 2 colored passport pictures - recent
4. Cashiers cheque as stated in the form.
Send all this in and wait. You dont need an attorney to do this. This is really a simple procedure.
Its form I765 for EAD. I131 is for Advance Parole
To apply for EAD you need the following documents
1. I-131 EAD Application document
2. Copy of I-485 receipt notice
3. 2 colored passport pictures - recent
4. Cashiers cheque as stated in the form.
Send all this in and wait. You dont need an attorney to do this. This is really a simple procedure.
Its form I765 for EAD. I131 is for Advance Parole
more...

jasmin45
06-06 09:35 AM
This is what I got from the below link
http://www.tradingmarkets.com/.site/...0News/2359471/
Chairman of the Asian Pacific American Caucus, Rep. Michael Honda, will hold a press conference on Thursday, June 4, at 12:00 p.m. on Cannon Terrace, or in case of rain Cannon House Office Building Room 441, to present key components of a comprehensive immigration package, in preparation for President Obama's reform agenda. Joining the Congressman will be other Members of Congress and supporting advocacy organizations. Rep Honda will discuss his Reuniting Families Act, to be introduced in Congress this week, and the need to reform America's family-based immigration system to end lengthy separations of loved ones, promote family stability and foster the economic growth that immigrant families have provided throughout our history.
Provisions related to Employment based Greencards:
*Recaptures unused family-based and employment-based visas previously allocated by Congress which remain unused.
* Increases the per country limits of family and employment-based visas from 7% to 10%: Right now, each country only has a 7% share of the total cap of visas that Congress allocates each year. Increasing each country's percentage of visas would eliminate the absurdly long wait times for individuals to immigrant from certain countries like the Philippines, China, and India.
This bill is similar to S 1085 introduced in the Senate with regard to employment-based visa provsions - basically recapture and increase per country limits from 7 to 10%
This report has been removed from that site.. :)
http://www.tradingmarkets.com/.site/...0News/2359471/
Chairman of the Asian Pacific American Caucus, Rep. Michael Honda, will hold a press conference on Thursday, June 4, at 12:00 p.m. on Cannon Terrace, or in case of rain Cannon House Office Building Room 441, to present key components of a comprehensive immigration package, in preparation for President Obama's reform agenda. Joining the Congressman will be other Members of Congress and supporting advocacy organizations. Rep Honda will discuss his Reuniting Families Act, to be introduced in Congress this week, and the need to reform America's family-based immigration system to end lengthy separations of loved ones, promote family stability and foster the economic growth that immigrant families have provided throughout our history.
Provisions related to Employment based Greencards:
*Recaptures unused family-based and employment-based visas previously allocated by Congress which remain unused.
* Increases the per country limits of family and employment-based visas from 7% to 10%: Right now, each country only has a 7% share of the total cap of visas that Congress allocates each year. Increasing each country's percentage of visas would eliminate the absurdly long wait times for individuals to immigrant from certain countries like the Philippines, China, and India.
This bill is similar to S 1085 introduced in the Senate with regard to employment-based visa provsions - basically recapture and increase per country limits from 7 to 10%
This report has been removed from that site.. :)
hot funny cakes,free clipart
mk6
07-17 07:05 PM
Thanks for your list. So it seems we can do it without attorney help. I am not sure what my attorney is doing its been a month since he had all the papers and fee. I am going to try filing myself:mad:
more...
house Royalty free clip art,
raysaikat
07-25 10:34 AM
Hi,
I'm looking for some answers for my wife's visa issues. I'm on H1B (valid until 2010) and she is on OPT (Valid until Dec 20 2008. F-1 visa expired May 2008). My PERM labor is in process and we hope to file for I 140 and I 485 and EAD concurrently by September/ October 2008. My lawyer says that we can file concurrently because my wife's country of birth is in Europe.
Now the questions:
1. Is it okay for my wife to apply for EAD based in I 485 while on OPT with expired F-1 visa? Is there a requirement that wife has to be on H-4 to apply for EAD based on husband's GC application?
Each individual will have his/her I-485, and EAD is a derived benefit of I-485. Your wife can file for I-485 while on OPT and get EAD. However, technically her F-1 status, hence the OPT, terminates after applying for I-485 (since she expresses intent to immigrate).
2. Also read on some forums that Wife's F-1 OPT will be invalidated as soon as her I 485 application is recieved. Is this true?
Conservative view is that as soon as her I-485 is officially submitted (i.e., received by USCIS), she has expressed intent to immigrate, which invalidates her F-1 (note that OPT is not a status, she is still in F1).
3. EAD approval takes 3-4 months on average. So if she doesn't recieve her EAD approval by December 2008 (Dec 20 2008 her OPT expires) she will be out of status. Should we apply for H-4 so that she doesn't become out-of-status?
That may be a better route. Once her H-4 is approved (with new I-94 form), her OPT will terminate and she will not be able to work.
4. We expect that her EAD approval will come by Jan/ Feb 2009. There is a 2 month gap provision that foreign nationals sometimes use to change their status. Is it a safe bet to avoid getting her on H-4 and use the 2 month gap period?
She cannot work while she is in H-4. There is no such thing as "2-month gap"!
4. How much does applying for H-4 cost? I'm simply expecting a range of sorts.
Thanks,
A. Singh
No idea. The application fee is probably a few 100 dollars. Not sure how much your lawyer would charge for preparing the application.
I'm looking for some answers for my wife's visa issues. I'm on H1B (valid until 2010) and she is on OPT (Valid until Dec 20 2008. F-1 visa expired May 2008). My PERM labor is in process and we hope to file for I 140 and I 485 and EAD concurrently by September/ October 2008. My lawyer says that we can file concurrently because my wife's country of birth is in Europe.
Now the questions:
1. Is it okay for my wife to apply for EAD based in I 485 while on OPT with expired F-1 visa? Is there a requirement that wife has to be on H-4 to apply for EAD based on husband's GC application?
Each individual will have his/her I-485, and EAD is a derived benefit of I-485. Your wife can file for I-485 while on OPT and get EAD. However, technically her F-1 status, hence the OPT, terminates after applying for I-485 (since she expresses intent to immigrate).
2. Also read on some forums that Wife's F-1 OPT will be invalidated as soon as her I 485 application is recieved. Is this true?
Conservative view is that as soon as her I-485 is officially submitted (i.e., received by USCIS), she has expressed intent to immigrate, which invalidates her F-1 (note that OPT is not a status, she is still in F1).
3. EAD approval takes 3-4 months on average. So if she doesn't recieve her EAD approval by December 2008 (Dec 20 2008 her OPT expires) she will be out of status. Should we apply for H-4 so that she doesn't become out-of-status?
That may be a better route. Once her H-4 is approved (with new I-94 form), her OPT will terminate and she will not be able to work.
4. We expect that her EAD approval will come by Jan/ Feb 2009. There is a 2 month gap provision that foreign nationals sometimes use to change their status. Is it a safe bet to avoid getting her on H-4 and use the 2 month gap period?
She cannot work while she is in H-4. There is no such thing as "2-month gap"!
4. How much does applying for H-4 cost? I'm simply expecting a range of sorts.
Thanks,
A. Singh
No idea. The application fee is probably a few 100 dollars. Not sure how much your lawyer would charge for preparing the application.
tattoo irthday cake clip art free
sixpockets
04-15 10:16 AM
TomPlate is correct, I followed the same procedure after being rejected twice.
Here's the supporting FAQ from IRS ...
http://www.irs.gov/efile/article/0,,id=120000,00.html#PIN7
Here's the supporting FAQ from IRS ...
http://www.irs.gov/efile/article/0,,id=120000,00.html#PIN7
more...
pictures STAR MAP CHART free frame clip
fide_champ
03-04 05:10 PM
Is there anything i can do on H4 visa??
Enjoy life at home :-)
Enjoy life at home :-)
dresses Birthday Clipart
mybid2003
01-09 04:37 PM
Similar most common agreement with most of us is that, we cannot directly or indirectly join direct/indirect client for a period of 12 months. (I don't have the agreement right in front of me). But I think you get the picture. If not, I can post in detail in the evening.
In such case, lets say I completed my project at client A thru company A. Four months after leaving the client place (while working at Client B thru same Company A), I get the offer directly from the client A for a permanent position. (Company A still has big presence at client A. Would I be able to join Client A without any hassle? OR is it a waste of time/money to try this option?
Also can anyone also please let me know how to if I can join higher compensation package with invoking AC21 OR transferring the H1? (I am in 8th year of my H1 and have an EAD). Can we have additional job responsibilities than what is listed in the LC?
Pls let me know.
Thanks in Advance!!!
In such case, lets say I completed my project at client A thru company A. Four months after leaving the client place (while working at Client B thru same Company A), I get the offer directly from the client A for a permanent position. (Company A still has big presence at client A. Would I be able to join Client A without any hassle? OR is it a waste of time/money to try this option?
Also can anyone also please let me know how to if I can join higher compensation package with invoking AC21 OR transferring the H1? (I am in 8th year of my H1 and have an EAD). Can we have additional job responsibilities than what is listed in the LC?
Pls let me know.
Thanks in Advance!!!
more...
makeup lt;happy birthday animated cards
gbof
10-16 09:11 PM
A message from President Obama too.
The White House - Blog Post - Diwali Wishes From President Obama (http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/Diwali-Wishes-From-President-Obama/)
Folks,
Words have power as words which touch hearts win masses. Hearing these from Obama's mouth really give a good feeling. I know you will all agree. Watch the video....
Happy Diwali to all
The White House - Blog Post - Diwali Wishes From President Obama (http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/Diwali-Wishes-From-President-Obama/)
Folks,
Words have power as words which touch hearts win masses. Hearing these from Obama's mouth really give a good feeling. I know you will all agree. Watch the video....
Happy Diwali to all
girlfriend free free animated birthday
sagar_nyc
08-15 11:28 AM
Ramesh,
Try to get as much info about this acquisition. I was in simillar situation. Company I used to work with got acquired by another company. and that time our labor was pending. We had to start process all over again and end up losing our two year of PD, because New company was located in different state. their tax id was different etc.
My advice to you is consult with good attorney.
Here is my situation:
My sponsoring company 'A' was acquired by company 'B' last month and name changed to company 'B' with B's pay stubs.
Am on H1 now and i applied my 485 in August 2007 with 140 approved in May 2007.
Company B informed me that they informed USCIS regarding the acquisition(i don't what they mean !!).
Questions:
1. How is my green card process proceeds with company 'B'? Should the company 'B' file I140 amendment or is there any thing they have to take care?
2. Can i join with company 'C' by invoking AC21?
Please share your thoughts and experiences.
Try to get as much info about this acquisition. I was in simillar situation. Company I used to work with got acquired by another company. and that time our labor was pending. We had to start process all over again and end up losing our two year of PD, because New company was located in different state. their tax id was different etc.
My advice to you is consult with good attorney.
Here is my situation:
My sponsoring company 'A' was acquired by company 'B' last month and name changed to company 'B' with B's pay stubs.
Am on H1 now and i applied my 485 in August 2007 with 140 approved in May 2007.
Company B informed me that they informed USCIS regarding the acquisition(i don't what they mean !!).
Questions:
1. How is my green card process proceeds with company 'B'? Should the company 'B' file I140 amendment or is there any thing they have to take care?
2. Can i join with company 'C' by invoking AC21?
Please share your thoughts and experiences.
hairstyles FOR FREE notes for happy
wellwishergc
07-06 12:17 PM
pappu, is there a separate effort on part of IV towards a legal-immigration based bill, where issues such as visa number capture will be taken up? It has been officially reported within the Ombudsman report that 182,694 have gone unused since 2000.
Nope not possible as of now. Lawsuit is specific to visa bulletin issue.
Nope not possible as of now. Lawsuit is specific to visa bulletin issue.
myimmiv
12-17 03:58 PM
There is no problem re-entering with a valid AP, even if the validity date is the day you re-enter.
You will have a problem if your AP is expired. My daughter came back with just one month on her AP and she was stamped with extra 6 months on I-94. But I don't know the reason for that.
Thanks lagsum. So after 6 months, did you extend her I-94?. My understanding is that if you enter as parolee, there is no need to do anything even if your I-94 expires.
You will have a problem if your AP is expired. My daughter came back with just one month on her AP and she was stamped with extra 6 months on I-94. But I don't know the reason for that.
Thanks lagsum. So after 6 months, did you extend her I-94?. My understanding is that if you enter as parolee, there is no need to do anything even if your I-94 expires.
willigetgc?
09-24 10:21 AM
my problem with these hearings is that they play soccer with the interests of immigrants. There are pro and anti immigrant views in discussion.
Enforcement is all about closing the borders and deporting immigrants. But why do we not see hearings to discuss and introduce bills that fine the employers and put them in jail if they hire an undocumented? But nobody, not even the anti-immigrant groups are pushing for such a bill. A lot of undocumented problem will be solved if employers cannot hire undocumented. We call immigrants as illegal, but why can't we use the same standard for employers who illegally hire undocumented?
Secondly when they talk about legalization, there is no country limits for them. But as soon as we talk about removing country limits in front of the same people, we hear talks about diversity etc.
Overall immigration is more about politics, votes than actually solving a problem. If these folks are serious about fixing a problem, a lt could have been done till now. We need to hear more action than just talk.
hypocrisy at its best!
Enforcement is all about closing the borders and deporting immigrants. But why do we not see hearings to discuss and introduce bills that fine the employers and put them in jail if they hire an undocumented? But nobody, not even the anti-immigrant groups are pushing for such a bill. A lot of undocumented problem will be solved if employers cannot hire undocumented. We call immigrants as illegal, but why can't we use the same standard for employers who illegally hire undocumented?
Secondly when they talk about legalization, there is no country limits for them. But as soon as we talk about removing country limits in front of the same people, we hear talks about diversity etc.
Overall immigration is more about politics, votes than actually solving a problem. If these folks are serious about fixing a problem, a lt could have been done till now. We need to hear more action than just talk.
hypocrisy at its best!
No comments:
Post a Comment