sangmami
06-13 11:23 PM
My husband is in the same position too.He is a fellow and got a job to start in 2008 july.lc dne.i 140 pending..
Can he file for i 485....ead for a future job...this has been in our head since this evening....cant wait till tomorrow morning to ask the lawyer:rolleyes:
can any1 explain this?
thanks.
CONGRATS to all to can file for i 485
Can he file for i 485....ead for a future job...this has been in our head since this evening....cant wait till tomorrow morning to ask the lawyer:rolleyes:
can any1 explain this?
thanks.
CONGRATS to all to can file for i 485
wallpaper stock photo : Golden Gate
lelica32
11-30 10:38 PM
yes, you can apply without any problems.
Anyone can apply.
No will not affect your I-140 or I-485
Anyone can apply.
No will not affect your I-140 or I-485
gapala
10-01 08:28 PM
Physiotherapist gets paid around 35 K for less than 3 years experience, goes up to 65 K for 20 years and above experience.. depending on Location of work.
2011 Golden Gate Bridge Lit Up at

waiting for GC2010
11-13 05:28 PM
Hello,
I think there is no such way to maintain H4 status legally if you shift on to EAD.
The only possible ways in your case if you shift to EAD is
i) Change the status of your wife to F1(STUDENT VISA) so that she can study or
ii) If she finds any sponsor go for H1(so that she can work).
I think there is no such way to maintain H4 status legally if you shift on to EAD.
The only possible ways in your case if you shift to EAD is
i) Change the status of your wife to F1(STUDENT VISA) so that she can study or
ii) If she finds any sponsor go for H1(so that she can work).
more...
nozerd
01-20 11:57 AM
Looks like AGjOBS bill has good chance of passing. Does anyone know what the definition of agricultural worker is ?
Could one by considered agricultural worker if they are in landscaping business ? what about in agricultural sales.
We are about to see creation of huge black market for documents claiming someone is farmer if this rule is passed.
Can one be illegally working as Ag worker while on H1 ? :)
Could one by considered agricultural worker if they are in landscaping business ? what about in agricultural sales.
We are about to see creation of huge black market for documents claiming someone is farmer if this rule is passed.
Can one be illegally working as Ag worker while on H1 ? :)
rrarunan
11-17 10:09 PM
Hi Everyone
Just wondering if anyone in the forum can help me with this question.
My original EAD applied for in June 12, 2010 was approved on Sep 2, 2010. But, the document was lost in mail and after 90 days I was instructed by USCIS to reapply.
And, I did reapply on Oct 12, 2010 and the case is pending on initial review although I received the I-797 Notice of Action 'Replacement Receipt' on Oct 15, 2010.
According to the I-9 Receipt rule, I can start work for a period of 90 days using the 'replacement receipt' which is just a similar receipt for an I-765 application but for a replacement EAD (lost in mail). This is in the I-9 handbook in the uscis.gov site.
My question is:
According to the 90 day unemployment rule starting April 8, 2008, if we start employment using the I-9 receipt rule, do the days of unemployment still count against the aggregate of 90 days allowed after the OPT start date ?( which in my case is Sep 20, 2010.. I presume because this is the date I had provided on the approved original EAD application which was approved on Sep, 2nd, 2010 and I had lost in the mail).
So, basically in this special case where both the I-9 receipt rule & 90 day unemployment rule apply, what happens with the umemployed days accrued even if i accept employment?
Thanks.
Any help would be deeply appreciated.
Just wondering if anyone in the forum can help me with this question.
My original EAD applied for in June 12, 2010 was approved on Sep 2, 2010. But, the document was lost in mail and after 90 days I was instructed by USCIS to reapply.
And, I did reapply on Oct 12, 2010 and the case is pending on initial review although I received the I-797 Notice of Action 'Replacement Receipt' on Oct 15, 2010.
According to the I-9 Receipt rule, I can start work for a period of 90 days using the 'replacement receipt' which is just a similar receipt for an I-765 application but for a replacement EAD (lost in mail). This is in the I-9 handbook in the uscis.gov site.
My question is:
According to the 90 day unemployment rule starting April 8, 2008, if we start employment using the I-9 receipt rule, do the days of unemployment still count against the aggregate of 90 days allowed after the OPT start date ?( which in my case is Sep 20, 2010.. I presume because this is the date I had provided on the approved original EAD application which was approved on Sep, 2nd, 2010 and I had lost in the mail).
So, basically in this special case where both the I-9 receipt rule & 90 day unemployment rule apply, what happens with the umemployed days accrued even if i accept employment?
Thanks.
Any help would be deeply appreciated.
more...
H1bfighter
07-09 04:14 AM
Inorder to take the priority date with you, the I140 petition (after the labour approval) needs to be approved.
I think there is no way you can take your priority date with you just with labour approval.
I think there is no way you can take your priority date with you just with labour approval.
2010 Golden Gate Bridge at Night,
jonty_11
06-14 03:42 PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Clues, anyone?
Clues, anyone?
more...
Jaime
09-15 10:23 PM
I'm not from India but I believe in Karma. We create our own future through our actions. If we perform a good action today we can expect a good result. That is why it is so important that the undecided people attend the rally!
Think of retrogression as Sansara. A vicious circle. It is only by acting and creating our own Karma that we will get out of Maya and see reality. Our gren cards will not fall from the sky, we have to go get them! By not going to Washington and assuming that your green card will suddenly appear out of nowhere, you are proving to yourself that you are stuck in some sort of immigration avidya.
We need to act with selflessness as in Karma Yoga, so that we can understand how our unity will bring the results we seek, to all of us.
Remember Arjuna when he realizes before the battle that his enemies are his own family. We at IV should not be our own enemies by not attending the rally, because we all know what Krishna told Arjuna: "Your duty is to fight"
Instead of hurting each other, we need to use karma and our friendship for each other to unite in our common cause and fight. Remember, our duty is to fight, it is our choice then to fight against each other (by not attending the rally and letting others do it) or fight all together, united against retrogression, and create the good Karma that will ultimately defeat the broken immigration system.
We all are family! Let's fight together friends!!! Come JOIN US IN DC!!!!
Think of retrogression as Sansara. A vicious circle. It is only by acting and creating our own Karma that we will get out of Maya and see reality. Our gren cards will not fall from the sky, we have to go get them! By not going to Washington and assuming that your green card will suddenly appear out of nowhere, you are proving to yourself that you are stuck in some sort of immigration avidya.
We need to act with selflessness as in Karma Yoga, so that we can understand how our unity will bring the results we seek, to all of us.
Remember Arjuna when he realizes before the battle that his enemies are his own family. We at IV should not be our own enemies by not attending the rally, because we all know what Krishna told Arjuna: "Your duty is to fight"
Instead of hurting each other, we need to use karma and our friendship for each other to unite in our common cause and fight. Remember, our duty is to fight, it is our choice then to fight against each other (by not attending the rally and letting others do it) or fight all together, united against retrogression, and create the good Karma that will ultimately defeat the broken immigration system.
We all are family! Let's fight together friends!!! Come JOIN US IN DC!!!!
hair dresses Golden Gate Bridge at
sxk
09-14 07:22 PM
I applied for I 485 , AP and EAD during 07 July. I got a fp notice back in 2007 and I got another one two weeks ago. I went ahead and did my bio-metrics over the weekend at TSC Application Support Center.
Does this mean that somebody has looked into my file and pre adjudicated it? or is it a automated thing and does not mean anything?
Please advice!
Does this mean that somebody has looked into my file and pre adjudicated it? or is it a automated thing and does not mean anything?
Please advice!
more...
Pagal
12-10 01:59 PM
Hello,
Contact a good attorney asap. Your details would most probably raise anyone's eyebrows at USCIS/DOS/ICE. Also, a lot depends on exact dates when you entered/left US and when your different applications were rcvd by respective govt egencies as these details will help you to establish that you are not in violation of any US laws. Good luck...
Contact a good attorney asap. Your details would most probably raise anyone's eyebrows at USCIS/DOS/ICE. Also, a lot depends on exact dates when you entered/left US and when your different applications were rcvd by respective govt egencies as these details will help you to establish that you are not in violation of any US laws. Good luck...
hot Golden Gate Bridge Tower Night
Keyjuang
05-30 05:09 AM
Sir,
I got my green card on Feb'2008 and had to make emergency travel to my country Mexico to be with my family on August'2008. Now, I would like to come back after 10 months of stay in Mexico. The problem is that I do not have any permanent residence/car/Electricity bill to prove my permanent residency status except VOIP phone and paid my tax for the last 6 years promptly. Is it possible for me to make it to USA? or Should I wait for 2 more moths and file for Visa reentry permit in local embassy and come there if I get one?
Please advice me.
Thanks,
Juang.
I got my green card on Feb'2008 and had to make emergency travel to my country Mexico to be with my family on August'2008. Now, I would like to come back after 10 months of stay in Mexico. The problem is that I do not have any permanent residence/car/Electricity bill to prove my permanent residency status except VOIP phone and paid my tax for the last 6 years promptly. Is it possible for me to make it to USA? or Should I wait for 2 more moths and file for Visa reentry permit in local embassy and come there if I get one?
Please advice me.
Thanks,
Juang.
more...
house Golden Gate Bridge
MCQ
09-11 04:40 PM
not necessarily true - for example if you get a B1 or B2 that's valid for 10 years - most likely it will exceed the validity of your passport. in that case when you renew your passport , in order to keepo using the Visa - you need to carry both the old and the new passports. H1B is the same, although for shorter duration (usually 3 years) so the issue does not come up as often. bbut of the visa is unexpired, and the passport is expired you would carry both passports to come in on the visa.
hope that helps.
McQ
hope that helps.
McQ
tattoo The Golden Gate Bridge Night
sunny1000
07-19 05:14 PM
Hi
It will great help if some body can help regarding this.
I had my H1B from A Company,Recently i have moved to B Company where i was asked to go to UK for Business purpose.I have yet to have stamping from B Company.I still have valid visa till end of next year from Company A name stamping in the passport.Will there be any issues for comming back from UK without having stamping.
Thanks
First, please update your profile.
Secondly, you don't need a new stamp as your old stamp is still valid but, make sure you carry all the H1 paperwork from your new company.
It will great help if some body can help regarding this.
I had my H1B from A Company,Recently i have moved to B Company where i was asked to go to UK for Business purpose.I have yet to have stamping from B Company.I still have valid visa till end of next year from Company A name stamping in the passport.Will there be any issues for comming back from UK without having stamping.
Thanks
First, please update your profile.
Secondly, you don't need a new stamp as your old stamp is still valid but, make sure you carry all the H1 paperwork from your new company.
more...
pictures Golden Gate, San Francisco
rajs
11-04 10:55 AM
yes was stuck in NC it got cleared 01/2008
dresses Keywords: night gate bridge
uma981975
04-17 12:53 AM
Hi,
We(Uma Kandaswamy and Ravikumar Balasubramaniam) have been living in cumming GA since 2006 april, and we are green card holders who received green card one and half years back. We had a son in sep 2006 and named him Aaditya Balakandan Ravikumar with out any hassle in 2006 in GA at the same hospital(Northside)
But on April 3rd when we welcomed our daughter in to this world, at Northside hospital. The vital records guys at the hospital refused to put my husband's first name as my daughter's last name and said there is new law in GA, that says we should either name our daughter with mom's or dad's lastname or a combination of both and not father's first name.. This was really wierd to me in this free country..and no other state seem to have this, because my brother recently had a baby in NJ and named him with his first name with no trouble.
We wanted to name our daughter "Kaavya Magdalene Ravikumar" Instead the birth certificate has "Kaavya Magdalene KandaswamyBalasubramaniam" for now.
The SSN/Vital records government office guys refused to even discuss or explain the law and blankly said get a court order and we will change ur daughter's name.
Now we are in the process of taking this to court and changing her name to what we wanted before applying for passport etc..
FYI: I somehow feel like the law is suggesting that we can name our kid either on of these ways and not really enforcing...
Georgia Code - Health - Title 31, Section 31-10-9 - Georgia Attorney Resources - Georgia Laws (http://law.onecle.com/georgia/31/31-10-9.html)
Can you please advice. It is somehow hard to believe in the most freedom loving country of immigrants, Immigrant parents can't name their baby what they want to and go through this hassle.
Thank you. Any help is appreciated.
-Uma Kandaswamy
uma.ravikumar@gmail.com
770-402-5029
We(Uma Kandaswamy and Ravikumar Balasubramaniam) have been living in cumming GA since 2006 april, and we are green card holders who received green card one and half years back. We had a son in sep 2006 and named him Aaditya Balakandan Ravikumar with out any hassle in 2006 in GA at the same hospital(Northside)
But on April 3rd when we welcomed our daughter in to this world, at Northside hospital. The vital records guys at the hospital refused to put my husband's first name as my daughter's last name and said there is new law in GA, that says we should either name our daughter with mom's or dad's lastname or a combination of both and not father's first name.. This was really wierd to me in this free country..and no other state seem to have this, because my brother recently had a baby in NJ and named him with his first name with no trouble.
We wanted to name our daughter "Kaavya Magdalene Ravikumar" Instead the birth certificate has "Kaavya Magdalene KandaswamyBalasubramaniam" for now.
The SSN/Vital records government office guys refused to even discuss or explain the law and blankly said get a court order and we will change ur daughter's name.
Now we are in the process of taking this to court and changing her name to what we wanted before applying for passport etc..
FYI: I somehow feel like the law is suggesting that we can name our kid either on of these ways and not really enforcing...
Georgia Code - Health - Title 31, Section 31-10-9 - Georgia Attorney Resources - Georgia Laws (http://law.onecle.com/georgia/31/31-10-9.html)
Can you please advice. It is somehow hard to believe in the most freedom loving country of immigrants, Immigrant parents can't name their baby what they want to and go through this hassle.
Thank you. Any help is appreciated.
-Uma Kandaswamy
uma.ravikumar@gmail.com
770-402-5029
more...
makeup Rainy night on the Golden Gate
nk2
07-20 08:41 PM
My case was approved by BEC on July 18. My attorney says that my 140 has to be filed by July 31 to be eligible to file under July visa bulletin [by 17th August]
Is his interpretation correct?
I can not do concurrent for a few more days, until my family returns from India.
If I go with 140 now, I am afraid the 140 receipt may not arrive in time for me to file for 485.
Is his interpretation correct?
I can not do concurrent for a few more days, until my family returns from India.
If I go with 140 now, I am afraid the 140 receipt may not arrive in time for me to file for 485.
girlfriend Golden Gate Bridge at night.
trevor(toronto)
April 28th, 2007, 01:35 PM
as the title states- has anyone purchased from digicombos.com before? if so how was your experience? I'm looking to purchase one of their Nikon packages.
TIA
TIA
hairstyles Golden Gate bridge at night
vxg
11-07 11:49 PM
Gurus,
I have a question. I am a July 2nd 485, EAD, AP filer and I did not receive my AP yet. My H1 visa stamping got expired, and I am planning to go to India for 2 months. Can I leave US before my AP gets approved, hoping that it will be approved in the next 2 months time and my attorney will send the AP papers to my India address?
Is it possible, please advice.
Thanks
My attorney said same i.e. no issues known so it will be OK however as a lawyer he says small Possibility of screwup.
I have a question. I am a July 2nd 485, EAD, AP filer and I did not receive my AP yet. My H1 visa stamping got expired, and I am planning to go to India for 2 months. Can I leave US before my AP gets approved, hoping that it will be approved in the next 2 months time and my attorney will send the AP papers to my India address?
Is it possible, please advice.
Thanks
My attorney said same i.e. no issues known so it will be OK however as a lawyer he says small Possibility of screwup.
nk2
07-21 04:22 PM
/\/\/\/\/\
kak1978
02-17 05:27 PM
It is a good idea to contact the international student office in your university. But I have seen people using up their OPT without being employed.
No comments:
Post a Comment