
miamijim
Apr 13, 01:17 PM
I wonder why I often see signs like this in stores ...
To be honest I have never seen that in the UK or in Finland.
To be honest I have never seen that in the UK or in Finland.
rumorsdan
Apr 4, 02:34 AM
Is there a section where one can post an ad to sell stuff (eg. hardware/software) or make a job ad?

state_of
Dec 6, 01:49 PM
Well I've noticed something really weird by pure accident ...it is not that important but it did got my attention and if anyone knows why I would like to know for sure
first of all i have an ibook, an adsl line and a telindus adsl modem. With the modem I have two computers connected ....my ibook and my brothers windows based machine...By accident in my ibook i used a crossover cable to connect with the modem..and by suprise the internet worked. I tryied the same cable in the windows based machine kai ofcourse it didn't work.... It really seems weird (the straightthrought cable works fine with both mac kai windows computers).
thnx :D
first of all i have an ibook, an adsl line and a telindus adsl modem. With the modem I have two computers connected ....my ibook and my brothers windows based machine...By accident in my ibook i used a crossover cable to connect with the modem..and by suprise the internet worked. I tryied the same cable in the windows based machine kai ofcourse it didn't work.... It really seems weird (the straightthrought cable works fine with both mac kai windows computers).
thnx :D
danielwsmithee
Nov 21, 04:28 PM
This could be very cool if it works. Just slap one of these between your processor and heat sink and get 30% more battery life. Or on desktops force cool your system without liquid.
more...
Peterkro
Mar 16, 10:42 AM
For smaller American trucks, I see them everywhere, whether it's a landscaper/gardener, construction worker/contractor, auto parts vehicle, city vehicles, fire captain, emergency vehicle, plumber, or a whole host of telecomm/techie workers.
I think there will always be a considerable market for small to medium sized American trucks and maybe the US auto companies should focus mostly on those markets of small to mid-sized trucks (but not larger Isuzu, Mercedes, and Volvo delivery trucks) and also not try and take Honda, Lexus, Toyota, BMW, Nissan, Hyundai, Volvo, and Mercedes head on in sedans.
While I agree the U.S. makers have a large share of the domestic market for pickups etc in the long term they are up against it the Japanese,Australian and to a smaller extent South African manufacturers turn out a much better quality product.I would think the only way for the U.S. manufacturers to survive is by partnering the leading overseas producers and use their technology.
I think there will always be a considerable market for small to medium sized American trucks and maybe the US auto companies should focus mostly on those markets of small to mid-sized trucks (but not larger Isuzu, Mercedes, and Volvo delivery trucks) and also not try and take Honda, Lexus, Toyota, BMW, Nissan, Hyundai, Volvo, and Mercedes head on in sedans.
While I agree the U.S. makers have a large share of the domestic market for pickups etc in the long term they are up against it the Japanese,Australian and to a smaller extent South African manufacturers turn out a much better quality product.I would think the only way for the U.S. manufacturers to survive is by partnering the leading overseas producers and use their technology.
sarge
Mar 25, 11:15 AM
Yes well photos were just a fraction of the business they did w/drug stores, considering they bought a big pharma concern. From the NYTimes:
By BARNABY J. FEDER
Published: January 25, 1988
more...

pop star Frankie Sandford

FRANKIE SANDFORD STYLE 2011
more...

frankie sandford short haircut

PHOTO GALLERY Frankie Sandford
more...

frankie sandford 2011.

frankie sandford style
more...

Frankie Sandford Short Cropped

Style Icon? Frankie Sandford
more...

Frankie Sandford Alexandra

January 4th, 2011
more...

How Celebs take on 2011- Day amp;

Frankie Sandford signing.jpg

frankie sandford and wayne
By BARNABY J. FEDER
Published: January 25, 1988
more...
CaoCao
Apr 16, 12:59 AM
Nobody is saying you can't discriminate against someone who's shoved a gun in your face and asked for all the money in your cash register.
However, what's your rationale for discriminating against someone who has sat down at a table and wants to order a hamburger and fries?
Males are far more likely to commit violent crimes than females. If you were worried about statistics, then it would make sense to open an "ladies only" establishment.
I'm pointing out just how ridiculous discrimination is ;)
However, what's your rationale for discriminating against someone who has sat down at a table and wants to order a hamburger and fries?
Males are far more likely to commit violent crimes than females. If you were worried about statistics, then it would make sense to open an "ladies only" establishment.
I'm pointing out just how ridiculous discrimination is ;)
kalun
Oct 10, 07:19 PM
Um...right..another rumour.
I still remember back in August, a Chinese magazine says merom Macbook/Pro will be upgraded in September. And where is it now?
And then there was another rumour that there is a shipment of laptops. And where is it now?
There were also another rumour that merom laptops will be upgraded by the end of August, and will be announce on the same day as dell/sony/... etc. And where is merom macbook/pro now?
All I am trying to say is, the accuracy of these report is very low, and if anyone is putting high hopes in it, be prepare to be disappointed....I think, however, apple will upgrade macbook pro before holiday seasons, and macbook in January.
I still remember back in August, a Chinese magazine says merom Macbook/Pro will be upgraded in September. And where is it now?
And then there was another rumour that there is a shipment of laptops. And where is it now?
There were also another rumour that merom laptops will be upgraded by the end of August, and will be announce on the same day as dell/sony/... etc. And where is merom macbook/pro now?
All I am trying to say is, the accuracy of these report is very low, and if anyone is putting high hopes in it, be prepare to be disappointed....I think, however, apple will upgrade macbook pro before holiday seasons, and macbook in January.
more...

Abulia
Sep 20, 06:04 PM
Cheers for your comments Abulia, I thought I'd give it a go anyway but you're right it didn't work. I just get the flashing power light, a loud beep then the Mac startup chime and a normal boot up. Strange. Oh well will wait for a fix from Apple I guess.
Or if you have a spare drive sitting around that you can boot from (like an external Firewire) for the sole purpose of installing the update.
Or if you have a spare drive sitting around that you can boot from (like an external Firewire) for the sole purpose of installing the update.
KohPhiPhi
Apr 20, 05:54 PM
My MBA Ultimate is perfect for me right now as my sole working machine. This is simply a super balanced laptop for those seeking mobility and reasonable performance. No need for me to fix what's not broken right now.
I won't be jumping in on a SB+HD3000 upgrade, so I will pass on the next update until Ivy comes out (as long as it's paired with a decent GPU and not with a lame HD3000-like).
I won't be jumping in on a SB+HD3000 upgrade, so I will pass on the next update until Ivy comes out (as long as it's paired with a decent GPU and not with a lame HD3000-like).
more...
OllyW
Mar 12, 01:22 PM
US made bikes? HA. good luck - there are like 3 main manufacturers all over seas that put out most frames (Giant is a big one.) - past that SRAM and Shimano are going to be your group (i think SRAM still has some US plants). Wheels will be easier to find but hubs/rims - not so much.
There are some great US made bikes out there. Look away from the big manufacturers and make sure you've got lots of cash to spare...
http://www.2011.handmadebicycleshow.com/
:)
There are some great US made bikes out there. Look away from the big manufacturers and make sure you've got lots of cash to spare...
http://www.2011.handmadebicycleshow.com/
:)
aiqw9182
Apr 5, 05:48 PM
Yes it does. It supplies a small amount of power to polarise the electret mic in the headset.
No, it doesn't. The line-in port does not supply power for a microphone.
No, it doesn't. The line-in port does not supply power for a microphone.
more...
Thex1138
Jun 15, 11:59 PM
In Australia the iPhone is spruiked by ALL carriers... and is not locked in to a contract... this has helped propel the hand set to a 400+ percent increase in market share and sell over 2 million hand sets...
The new Apple mantra appears to be propagating to other markets... no contracts, multiple carriers!
:D
The new Apple mantra appears to be propagating to other markets... no contracts, multiple carriers!
:D
dakis
Oct 26, 11:35 PM
btw: the "sneak preview" Apple offered clearly showed a "JUNK" folder - where did that go?
more...
dscuber9000
Apr 9, 10:20 PM
Are you suggesting it is harder to abort than to raise a child?
Both are terrible for two very different reasons.
Both are terrible for two very different reasons.
firestarter
Apr 24, 09:32 PM
Craigslist seems good if you don't mind selling locally.
You'll probably get better money on eBay, since you're able to sell country-wide, and the auction format seems to encourage people to over-bid. The down side is slightly more risk, and the 'eBay tax'.
Personally, I sell everything on eBay.
You'll probably get better money on eBay, since you're able to sell country-wide, and the auction format seems to encourage people to over-bid. The down side is slightly more risk, and the 'eBay tax'.
Personally, I sell everything on eBay.
more...

AppleMc
Mar 11, 11:24 AM
Willow Bend is at about 30 people. Rumor in line is they might be able to serve everyone that's comes out today, they must have a large stock
Yay! Good news for me!
Yay! Good news for me!
huntercr
Mar 26, 09:01 PM
""They're going to see it all eventually so who cares how they get it." Which seemed to be about web content, said the tipster."
How can that be interpreted about web content ? :confused:
I think they were actually talking about downloading the Britney Spears sex tape from Bit Torrent.
How can that be interpreted about web content ? :confused:
I think they were actually talking about downloading the Britney Spears sex tape from Bit Torrent.
baryon
Apr 5, 05:09 PM
Why can't they just make a JACK connector, with 4 wires, like for the iPod Shuffle? That would allow everything to go through ONE port, it would be easy to manufacture, compatible, and there would be no wrong way of connecting it. Not to mention it's tiny.
You could then replace all the USB, Thunderbolt, FireWire 400, FireWire 800 and all that random stuff with ONE connector that would be easy to connect, cheap to buy and it would be very small and secure.
Wake me up when it will be possible to supply data at high speed and enough power through 4 cables with a jack connector.
You could then replace all the USB, Thunderbolt, FireWire 400, FireWire 800 and all that random stuff with ONE connector that would be easy to connect, cheap to buy and it would be very small and secure.
Wake me up when it will be possible to supply data at high speed and enough power through 4 cables with a jack connector.
Platform
Oct 26, 06:19 PM
No PPC version...WOW that was fast..no too good though :(
MattSepeta
Mar 29, 01:58 PM
It is funny HOW NO ONE clicked on these links. It has all the info here, and you can see what the differences are... or people can just keep arguing.
An image like the ones linked are just about the best way to illustrate the difference.
having attempted to read the entire thread, I cannot for the life of me understand what thatisme and flosseR are arguing about!
It is SO SIMPLE. Take lens "X", assuming it functions on both Crop and FF cameras.
Shoot a scene with "X" on a FF camera. If you crop it down to .625 of it's original size from the center, you will have the EXACT same image as the crop sensor camera produces with "X", noise/details/crap like that aside.
There is no argument here.
An image like the ones linked are just about the best way to illustrate the difference.
having attempted to read the entire thread, I cannot for the life of me understand what thatisme and flosseR are arguing about!
It is SO SIMPLE. Take lens "X", assuming it functions on both Crop and FF cameras.
Shoot a scene with "X" on a FF camera. If you crop it down to .625 of it's original size from the center, you will have the EXACT same image as the crop sensor camera produces with "X", noise/details/crap like that aside.
There is no argument here.
Raid
May 3, 01:51 PM
How the hell did you guys elect that fool? I'm even more concerned for you Canadians now. I got no good answer for you Lee, I didn't vote for that party. Maybe the minority position of the last two conservative government gave them a softer image than before, maybe it was due to the lack of a strong Liberal leadership, maybe people were tired of going to the polls and wanted a 4 year break... I got 'nothin. :o
haruhiko
Apr 5, 09:12 AM
Oh, last time they don't even recommend what they rate as the best smartphone in the market, and now they recommend the iPad 2? Either because there is virtually no tablets on the market or the popularity of iPhone 4 is killing the credibility of CR.
Warbrain
Apr 5, 10:31 AM
I always question the sanity of people who claim to question other peoples sanity of ridiculous things. :cool:
Have you ever gone to move your finger across the trackpad and find that it registered it as a tap instead? Drives me nuts.
Have you ever gone to move your finger across the trackpad and find that it registered it as a tap instead? Drives me nuts.
No comments:
Post a Comment