SevenInchScrew
Jun 25, 09:18 AM
wow this makes my $499.99 40GB HDD PS3 look like ________ :o
A mistake? Unless I'm mistaken, when the 40GB PS3 was released, it was $399, and the 80GB version was $499. At least, those were the normal prices when I bought my 40GB.
A mistake? Unless I'm mistaken, when the 40GB PS3 was released, it was $399, and the 80GB version was $499. At least, those were the normal prices when I bought my 40GB.
Frisco
Sep 26, 07:48 AM
CBS is now using the term NetCast (http://www.cbs.com/netcast/)
Goodbye free advertising for the iPod!
Goodbye free advertising for the iPod!

DeSnousa
Apr 15, 11:07 PM
Everyone has lost interest in doing this kind of thing I guess. Maybe when they removed the screensaver, for good reasons, it wasn't as interesting for some people. Upgrading to new clients can be a hassle.
I think if the stats were more interesting, I would like to have a better way to see how I'm doing against people on other teams.
Kakaostats may go by the wayside, he doesn't have individual stats anymore and the rest of his stats are questionable because of some bug.:(
We need to get more users in the team and have it competitive between us and also track the teams PPD. The stats are really fun and is what makes me want to produce more then I would otherwise do :D
I think if the stats were more interesting, I would like to have a better way to see how I'm doing against people on other teams.
Kakaostats may go by the wayside, he doesn't have individual stats anymore and the rest of his stats are questionable because of some bug.:(
We need to get more users in the team and have it competitive between us and also track the teams PPD. The stats are really fun and is what makes me want to produce more then I would otherwise do :D

Eriden
Apr 5, 09:46 AM
You're supposed to use smilies when you're being sarcastic on the Internet.
Nonsense. A <sarcasm> tag is perfectly acceptable around here as well.
Of course, the need for such devices usually says more about the reader's comprehension abilities than it does about the writer's callousness or alleged cultural insensitivity/anglocentrism.
Nonsense. A <sarcasm> tag is perfectly acceptable around here as well.
Of course, the need for such devices usually says more about the reader's comprehension abilities than it does about the writer's callousness or alleged cultural insensitivity/anglocentrism.
more...
ScottishDuck
Mar 27, 06:29 AM
Two CEOs discussing business in an open area is clearly not a publicity stunt :rolleyes:

lmalave
Oct 16, 10:33 PM
A good selling point would have to be how fast you can put on your music. My sister's Treo is painfully slow at that.
???
The Treo, like most music phones, use media cards. If you use a USB media card reader instead of a sync cable, it should sync at USB 2.0 speeds. No need for FireWire. That's how I put music on my SonyEricsson phone.
???
The Treo, like most music phones, use media cards. If you use a USB media card reader instead of a sync cable, it should sync at USB 2.0 speeds. No need for FireWire. That's how I put music on my SonyEricsson phone.
more...
atticus1178
Sep 19, 04:27 PM
I'm in the same boat. It beeps, I see the update bar but the DVD drive pops open and then shuts -- then normal boot. Ugh!
that is what mine did and was fine, it popped up a windows saying the update was complete, check your firmware version in System Profiler
that is what mine did and was fine, it popped up a windows saying the update was complete, check your firmware version in System Profiler

bibbz
Mar 10, 08:15 PM
I'm hoping most people drive on past the Knox store when they see they construction thinking its closed and go to another Apple Store. Maybe we get shorter lines.
Either way, ill be there around noonish.
Either way, ill be there around noonish.
more...
vancleef
Apr 15, 02:15 PM
Agreed we are spoiled. Unfortunately the U.S. has a horrible infrastructure as far as public transportation and such so many people live far from their jobs and have to drive everywhere.
I remember in New Zealand paying $4 something per liter :eek:
Here where I live at the Sheetz gas stations its $3.75.
Yes and that is the discussion here in Sweden. As you might know we have a big chunk of our population out in the woods far from any larger cities and these areas are slowly dying in favor of urbanisation. And without any communion service worth mentioning these people suffer from the high gas prices as you might guess.
Either way, didn't mean to offend anyone mattcube64 :)
I remember in New Zealand paying $4 something per liter :eek:
Here where I live at the Sheetz gas stations its $3.75.
Yes and that is the discussion here in Sweden. As you might know we have a big chunk of our population out in the woods far from any larger cities and these areas are slowly dying in favor of urbanisation. And without any communion service worth mentioning these people suffer from the high gas prices as you might guess.
Either way, didn't mean to offend anyone mattcube64 :)

Thomas Veil
Apr 9, 10:40 AM
You cannot simply go "oh we are spending more money than we have, lets just go get more money" or "what do we want to do? let's get the money to do it" and expect to keep a balanced budget. Because the next time you have the problem, you'll do the same thing. This obviously is not repeatable indefinitely.And nobody said it was, or that you should repeat it indefinitely. But you can't expect people to get on board with severe cuts -- especially the ones they're now talking about to Medicare, Medicaid and SS -- if you're still overspending on defense, tax cuts for the rich, and corporate loopholes.
The way to keep a balanced budget does not change when you are the government as compared with individual. It's about not spending more than you have and then finding ways to get more money. It's about spending money on things which are necessary, not merely wanted.The government funds plenty of things, like libraries and parks, that aren't "necessary" but wanted. In the end it's all about how much we're willing to pay for. What's odd is that you see the middle class wanting to keep many of those services; it's the rich and the corporations that are screaming bloody murder about them.
The way to keep a balanced budget does not change when you are the government as compared with individual. It's about not spending more than you have and then finding ways to get more money. It's about spending money on things which are necessary, not merely wanted.The government funds plenty of things, like libraries and parks, that aren't "necessary" but wanted. In the end it's all about how much we're willing to pay for. What's odd is that you see the middle class wanting to keep many of those services; it's the rich and the corporations that are screaming bloody murder about them.
more...
Alex The Nifty
Nov 3, 01:10 PM
You could also either link to or copy the information from www.apple-history.com. It has the specs for (as far as I know) all old Apple products, but is seldom updated, so if we put everything here, then we would have a more up-to-date, all-in-one database.
porovaara
Sep 14, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by gopher
When your stage is 3 times longer, you have to go three times as fast to catch up.
What? That isn't even remotely how pipelines work. The problem with large pipelines with many stages is when there is a miss in branch prediction. At that point everything already in the pipeline is wasted. Branch prediction failure is a very very bad thing. Fortunately both AMD and Intel have gotten really good at it as they have ramped up the stages. This can also be mitigated some with damn good compilers (of which Intel is good at making, but no one really uses).
Macs are awesome integrated platforms. However the G4 CPU is now an old dog.
edit: typos
When your stage is 3 times longer, you have to go three times as fast to catch up.
What? That isn't even remotely how pipelines work. The problem with large pipelines with many stages is when there is a miss in branch prediction. At that point everything already in the pipeline is wasted. Branch prediction failure is a very very bad thing. Fortunately both AMD and Intel have gotten really good at it as they have ramped up the stages. This can also be mitigated some with damn good compilers (of which Intel is good at making, but no one really uses).
Macs are awesome integrated platforms. However the G4 CPU is now an old dog.
edit: typos
more...
Knowimagination
Mar 11, 03:03 PM
Apple store Knox St. Has over 100 now I'm around 23 or so.
PWC
Apr 30, 09:03 AM
That is pretty awesome for the kid...
more...

skunk
Oct 26, 08:36 PM
It's really, really slow. I'm sticking with Mail.

0815
May 2, 05:10 PM
Not sure if this has been asked... but does it blend? :p
Nope - made out of indestructible material that adapts to the environment its in - that's why it is thicker when in hostile environment. In a blender it would grow to a size that destroys the blender before it has a chance to blend the iPhone.
Nope - made out of indestructible material that adapts to the environment its in - that's why it is thicker when in hostile environment. In a blender it would grow to a size that destroys the blender before it has a chance to blend the iPhone.
more...

blackstarliner
Oct 13, 03:43 AM
my bet is they have several different manufacturers. with macbook split up between 2-3 builders.
I thought it was common knowledge that due to the great demand* for MBs, Apple had to find a second manufacturer to meet orders. Hence all the delays a month or two ago. Is it just me or why haven't folk put 2 and 2 together?
* despite being 'overpriced', 'obsolete' POS that no-one in their right mind would consider when you can have a dell with magical c2d for 300 bucks less? :confused:
I thought it was common knowledge that due to the great demand* for MBs, Apple had to find a second manufacturer to meet orders. Hence all the delays a month or two ago. Is it just me or why haven't folk put 2 and 2 together?
* despite being 'overpriced', 'obsolete' POS that no-one in their right mind would consider when you can have a dell with magical c2d for 300 bucks less? :confused:
iGary
Sep 9, 08:59 AM
I hope this doesn't come across as overly whiny, but it has been just about the ********* month of my life.
My dad died suddnely, totally unexpected, in his sleep on the 14th of last month, and I'm still crying about it. My grandmother (we were totally tight) died two weeks later. My sister's house in N.O. escaped total destruction, but she can't go back. My nephew flipped his Explorer - luckily he is OK. My partner's mother had heart surgery two days ago....
I need to get away for a couple of days, at not much expense, and away from hoarding crowds. Something fun, totally different and totally mind numbing. Can anyone give me ideas on a +/- 500.00 couple of days?
Just need to get away. :D
My dad died suddnely, totally unexpected, in his sleep on the 14th of last month, and I'm still crying about it. My grandmother (we were totally tight) died two weeks later. My sister's house in N.O. escaped total destruction, but she can't go back. My nephew flipped his Explorer - luckily he is OK. My partner's mother had heart surgery two days ago....
I need to get away for a couple of days, at not much expense, and away from hoarding crowds. Something fun, totally different and totally mind numbing. Can anyone give me ideas on a +/- 500.00 couple of days?
Just need to get away. :D
Gator24765
Apr 27, 11:55 AM
Mpeg stream clip was exactly what i was looking for.
What are your recommendations for exorting?
I will be editing in Final Cut. I just want high quality video as the main importance but keeping the file sizes to a minimum.
Thanks
What are your recommendations for exorting?
I will be editing in Final Cut. I just want high quality video as the main importance but keeping the file sizes to a minimum.
Thanks
Holosynthetic
Mar 24, 06:05 PM
I just got back from buying the last 16GB model in the store. Earlier after reading the article I quickly started calling all the stores in my area and came up empty handed. One of the stores finally said they did and would put it on hold, however upon showing up they admitted they didn't have one and that I should get the 32GB instead...WTF. Finally after returning home and continuing to call stores I found one that was telling the truth, so I grabbed it! Sooo happy!
Now I can start developing my iPhone apps for the iPad to make them universal, my customers will like that very much. Win-Win.
Now I can start developing my iPhone apps for the iPad to make them universal, my customers will like that very much. Win-Win.
Interstella5555
Dec 2, 10:03 AM
Lol, touch�. Burn those fanboys!
I'm a huge Apple fan, but the 3G/S were terrible design, you can like a company and still criticize it, how else will they know something is wrong?
I'm a huge Apple fan, but the 3G/S were terrible design, you can like a company and still criticize it, how else will they know something is wrong?
brucem91
May 6, 08:31 AM
You may have to go into a store to get it�
I preordered mine on Friday online and had yet to receive the key this morning, even though they say it�ll take up to one business day to send (it�s been closer to a week). So I just went into a store, told them I hadn�t gotten my key, and they printed a receipt with a key on it. Downloading as I write this. :)Thanks for the insight. I got 2 beta keys last weekend, gave one to my friend Cass. However, I preordered online on tuesday so I could get a key for my friend Cass, also 'cause I am moving between now and the release. But since I can't go to a store, my mom said she could pre-order it for me, since she is already at the apartment I will be moving to. So I will be getting a key for my friend Hasan thanks to my Mom.
Gamer's Cliche FTW.
I preordered mine on Friday online and had yet to receive the key this morning, even though they say it�ll take up to one business day to send (it�s been closer to a week). So I just went into a store, told them I hadn�t gotten my key, and they printed a receipt with a key on it. Downloading as I write this. :)Thanks for the insight. I got 2 beta keys last weekend, gave one to my friend Cass. However, I preordered online on tuesday so I could get a key for my friend Cass, also 'cause I am moving between now and the release. But since I can't go to a store, my mom said she could pre-order it for me, since she is already at the apartment I will be moving to. So I will be getting a key for my friend Hasan thanks to my Mom.
Gamer's Cliche FTW.
A Macbook Pro
Apr 26, 12:53 AM
This just in: The sky is still blue.
haushinka
Apr 5, 05:19 PM
This is all they have now
MagSafe power port
Gigabit Ethernet port
Mini DisplayPort
Two USB 2.0 ports (up to 480 Mbps)
Audio in/out
Kensington lock slot
Audio in/out IS the "headset jack". You can plug in the iphone headset and the mac will recognize both the mic and headphones.
MagSafe power port
Gigabit Ethernet port
Mini DisplayPort
Two USB 2.0 ports (up to 480 Mbps)
Audio in/out
Kensington lock slot
Audio in/out IS the "headset jack". You can plug in the iphone headset and the mac will recognize both the mic and headphones.
No comments:
Post a Comment