gc007
08-04 01:36 PM
I think you are right. G-28 for I-140 shud be signed by layer and employer
And there shud be 3 separate G-28 's req for I-485/131/765 signed by layer and the actual applicant.
Mine was filled this way.
May be you shud get some information from others too who have done with one G28
Hope it helps
Hi,
My employer is filing my I-140 and I-485/131/765 concurrently. My lawyer/representative send a list which says G-28 signed by lawyer and my employer. I understand for I-140, G-28 is signed by lawyer and employer(petitioner). When filed concurrently is one G-28 is enough for whole forms?
I read we need to have G-28 form for each form and for 485/131/765 forms G-28 should be signed by the actual applicant and the lawyer instead of the petitioner(my employer). Right now in my case there is only G-28 form they were sending that was signed by my employer(petitioner) and the lawyer...is one G-28 is fine for whole application packet when filed concurrently...
USCIS website clearly says without G-28 form they will reject the application right away...but it didn't mentioned for each form though...but all my colleagues says they signed three G-28 forms one each 485/765/131...i am little confused and concerend..please suggest..
thanks in advance..
And there shud be 3 separate G-28 's req for I-485/131/765 signed by layer and the actual applicant.
Mine was filled this way.
May be you shud get some information from others too who have done with one G28
Hope it helps
Hi,
My employer is filing my I-140 and I-485/131/765 concurrently. My lawyer/representative send a list which says G-28 signed by lawyer and my employer. I understand for I-140, G-28 is signed by lawyer and employer(petitioner). When filed concurrently is one G-28 is enough for whole forms?
I read we need to have G-28 form for each form and for 485/131/765 forms G-28 should be signed by the actual applicant and the lawyer instead of the petitioner(my employer). Right now in my case there is only G-28 form they were sending that was signed by my employer(petitioner) and the lawyer...is one G-28 is fine for whole application packet when filed concurrently...
USCIS website clearly says without G-28 form they will reject the application right away...but it didn't mentioned for each form though...but all my colleagues says they signed three G-28 forms one each 485/765/131...i am little confused and concerend..please suggest..
thanks in advance..
wallpaper house Alex Pettyfer New Tattoo. alex pettyfer and vanessa; alex pettyfer and
Raju
07-04 09:32 PM
My state in four lines
1) Came to US on F-1 Visa, never completed my masters
2) Shifted to H-1B and i have been with the same client and havent been to India for four years.
3) Now i am doing part time MBA from a top Ivy league school and i have $40,000 in loans from my MBA. i have not finished it as yet.
4) Applied for labor and priority date is Jan 2007 and i wanted to apply for 1-485 and AP and Skip H-1B stamping
But because of the july 2nd i cant do that anymore and i will have to go to H-1B stamping. I wonder what will happen if my stamping gets rejected. If dont attend classes for 4 months. My student loan will start asking for monthly payments. I am in a quagmire.
But still i have decided that i will go to India in any case and if payments become overdue for more months. I dont know what to do.
I had so many hoped on the current numbers . Any idea guys what can i do?
Dont panick man. Your should not have a problem with H1 stamping!
1) Came to US on F-1 Visa, never completed my masters
2) Shifted to H-1B and i have been with the same client and havent been to India for four years.
3) Now i am doing part time MBA from a top Ivy league school and i have $40,000 in loans from my MBA. i have not finished it as yet.
4) Applied for labor and priority date is Jan 2007 and i wanted to apply for 1-485 and AP and Skip H-1B stamping
But because of the july 2nd i cant do that anymore and i will have to go to H-1B stamping. I wonder what will happen if my stamping gets rejected. If dont attend classes for 4 months. My student loan will start asking for monthly payments. I am in a quagmire.
But still i have decided that i will go to India in any case and if payments become overdue for more months. I dont know what to do.
I had so many hoped on the current numbers . Any idea guys what can i do?
Dont panick man. Your should not have a problem with H1 stamping!
WeShallOvercome
07-23 04:51 PM
well if u dont have receipt hance no EAD/AP, you are at their mercy forever.
not forever !!!!!!
What if I change employer after 180 days and sign a new G-28 either removing that lawyer or signing for a new lawyer?
If they could keep us at their mercy FOREVER, what is AC21 for ?
not forever !!!!!!
What if I change employer after 180 days and sign a new G-28 either removing that lawyer or signing for a new lawyer?
If they could keep us at their mercy FOREVER, what is AC21 for ?
2011 alex pettyfer new tattoo.
GabonpharmD
04-15 10:45 PM
also update ur profile..
I did not wan to create a separate thread since I have similar questions:
My situation:
US pharmD graduating in may 09
H1B approved ( start oct 09)
OPT not approved yet
Married to F-1
child born in US
Country- Gabon (both)
city- nashville TN
Company-CVS
Facts:
My company told me I qualify for GC sponsoring after 90 days of full time as pharmacist and to just buzz them when I am ready. I will be full time rx on my OPT, which shoudl come out before graduation.
I pass my boards in June, I should be go to go for GC filing as soon as October.
Questions:
1. is changing address within the same city affect GC procress? I heard of people changing city and having to start the 1st step over. If address change within the same city is a big deal. We will buy our house before starting GC filing if not we will take our time.
2. What r the pros and cons of filing GC that early into employment? The CVS guy told me usually people prefer to wait longer before filing for GC. why? ( I am thinking if it's going to take that many years, I might as well start early because my husband has the possibility to transform his phD into MD/phD after his qualifying exam in 2-3 years and we hope to be Gc holder by then)
3. When GC filing start can I include my husband from the start with his F1 status or do we have to switch him to H4 status first?. For now, we prefer to keep him on his F1 visa because of a friend experience with H4, she was F1, went H4 but went back to F1 cause F1 can get stipend for lab work but H4 can't)
4. any suggestion, that you think I can benefit from on how to approach is welcomed. I 've been F1 for 5-6 years now..just looking forward to ending my life as an international student, but I don't want to rush into things out of ignorance.
I did not wan to create a separate thread since I have similar questions:
My situation:
US pharmD graduating in may 09
H1B approved ( start oct 09)
OPT not approved yet
Married to F-1
child born in US
Country- Gabon (both)
city- nashville TN
Company-CVS
Facts:
My company told me I qualify for GC sponsoring after 90 days of full time as pharmacist and to just buzz them when I am ready. I will be full time rx on my OPT, which shoudl come out before graduation.
I pass my boards in June, I should be go to go for GC filing as soon as October.
Questions:
1. is changing address within the same city affect GC procress? I heard of people changing city and having to start the 1st step over. If address change within the same city is a big deal. We will buy our house before starting GC filing if not we will take our time.
2. What r the pros and cons of filing GC that early into employment? The CVS guy told me usually people prefer to wait longer before filing for GC. why? ( I am thinking if it's going to take that many years, I might as well start early because my husband has the possibility to transform his phD into MD/phD after his qualifying exam in 2-3 years and we hope to be Gc holder by then)
3. When GC filing start can I include my husband from the start with his F1 status or do we have to switch him to H4 status first?. For now, we prefer to keep him on his F1 visa because of a friend experience with H4, she was F1, went H4 but went back to F1 cause F1 can get stipend for lab work but H4 can't)
4. any suggestion, that you think I can benefit from on how to approach is welcomed. I 've been F1 for 5-6 years now..just looking forward to ending my life as an international student, but I don't want to rush into things out of ignorance.
more...
chaukas
08-28 03:20 AM
Have sent several mails , but to no avail ....

vban2007
05-29 11:11 AM
October 1st, 2008 your status will be changed to H1B after the approval... So you will have to move to new company
more...
psaxena
07-07 12:58 PM
Please refrain yourself from passive user of IV. Ganguteli is right, when asked anyone to donate or to volunteer they back out and come back hoping IV will help them , why??
If someone is in trouble is only for the reason we don't are not united. We move in 10 different direction, and also only when there is emotional outburst or some issue, before that nothing.
Think of the guys supporting the Hispanic population, they got their GC, mostly citizens but still helping and funding , what are we doing .. nothing.. on top of it try to suppress someone who try to raise the voice to get together.
Mr Ganguteli!
Please refrain from intimidating others in pain. Hoping for large scale denials will not help your cause in any way.
If someone is in trouble is only for the reason we don't are not united. We move in 10 different direction, and also only when there is emotional outburst or some issue, before that nothing.
Think of the guys supporting the Hispanic population, they got their GC, mostly citizens but still helping and funding , what are we doing .. nothing.. on top of it try to suppress someone who try to raise the voice to get together.
Mr Ganguteli!
Please refrain from intimidating others in pain. Hoping for large scale denials will not help your cause in any way.
2010 Alex Pettyfer New Tattoo.
bbct
02-11 09:05 PM
Works now and submitted the petition.
more...
CADude
07-23 11:22 PM
Take alternative opnion from good Attorney and take a chance.
Hi,
My situation is as follows:
1) approved RIR labor 2002
2) approved perm labor 2005
3) approved i-140 2006 (PD 2005)
4) ALL of above for company-A. 2006 company-B took over.
My lawyer said i cannot file and have to start again with new labor as merger/acquistion was 'asset only' type.
I want to self-file i-485 giving the company "name change" letter as the only proof along with the rest of regular documents. Company-B employer is in 100% support of my application.
SHOULD I just waste $$$$ money or take a chance ? PLEASE HELP...TIRED OF WAITING FOR LAST 5 years :(
Regards,
-Ravi
Hi,
My situation is as follows:
1) approved RIR labor 2002
2) approved perm labor 2005
3) approved i-140 2006 (PD 2005)
4) ALL of above for company-A. 2006 company-B took over.
My lawyer said i cannot file and have to start again with new labor as merger/acquistion was 'asset only' type.
I want to self-file i-485 giving the company "name change" letter as the only proof along with the rest of regular documents. Company-B employer is in 100% support of my application.
SHOULD I just waste $$$$ money or take a chance ? PLEASE HELP...TIRED OF WAITING FOR LAST 5 years :(
Regards,
-Ravi
hair alex pettyfer new tattoo. alex
shortchanged
08-01 06:09 PM
Unlike I485, you can appeal adverse desisions by USCIS, in I140 cases.Also try Ombudsman and local Congressman.You still have to know, what USCIS decision is.may be you will be alright without doing anything,and your I-140 will be favorably adjudicated!
Wish you all the best
Wish you all the best
more...
BMS1
08-02 11:24 PM
In my opinion USCIS is not very strict on the RFE deadlines. I was late by 3 days for an RFE on my I140. They accepted. But that was more than a year ago. May be, it depends on officer.
hot alex pettyfer new tattoo.
reddog
05-22 12:54 PM
Regardless of whether everyone gets their Green Cards or not, the numbers should definitely see a substantial jump.
we are entering into the last quarter, where according to the new rules, everything that has not been allocated will be opened up for retrogressed categories for that FY.
Which actually explained why they pushed EB2 so far back, so that they can bring it forward in the last quarter, i.e. the July bulletin.
On the whole issue of EB retrogression, This current batch of EB based green cards have waited the longest number of years in the history of green cards.
So, sooner or later, someone in the goverment will have to answer why is that they let so many people apply green cards when they did not have a numbers solution ready.
Why were we even allowed to file for Green Cards when they could only issue a certain number based on the Country of Birth, each year.
This is like sell a product to someone, send him an invoice, and he comes back and says, sorry, we have a country wise quota, so even if we bought these goods from you, we wont pay you cos the quota for this year is up.
No, literally, export quotas work that way, they put a quota on sourcing, not on payments.
Why not do the same on Green Cards?
So, this whole mess, what is the right amount of time (in years), that it starts turning into a 'rights' issue from a 'flawed process' issue.
Currently, unless we have some representative in the government, who sees this flaw as a real issue, it is only us non-immigrants who can push this harder, and generate that representative, who instead of sliding this issue along with some big Financial bill, lobbies hard to get this issue resolved, as a separate entity..
ON the hope that OP has generated, personally, Am I hopeful, that I will get my Green Card in July.
Yes, I am always hopeful that I will get my Green Card next month. No, I dont get frustrated, when I dont.
Yes, i definitely get a little bit ticked off, but thats it.
we are entering into the last quarter, where according to the new rules, everything that has not been allocated will be opened up for retrogressed categories for that FY.
Which actually explained why they pushed EB2 so far back, so that they can bring it forward in the last quarter, i.e. the July bulletin.
On the whole issue of EB retrogression, This current batch of EB based green cards have waited the longest number of years in the history of green cards.
So, sooner or later, someone in the goverment will have to answer why is that they let so many people apply green cards when they did not have a numbers solution ready.
Why were we even allowed to file for Green Cards when they could only issue a certain number based on the Country of Birth, each year.
This is like sell a product to someone, send him an invoice, and he comes back and says, sorry, we have a country wise quota, so even if we bought these goods from you, we wont pay you cos the quota for this year is up.
No, literally, export quotas work that way, they put a quota on sourcing, not on payments.
Why not do the same on Green Cards?
So, this whole mess, what is the right amount of time (in years), that it starts turning into a 'rights' issue from a 'flawed process' issue.
Currently, unless we have some representative in the government, who sees this flaw as a real issue, it is only us non-immigrants who can push this harder, and generate that representative, who instead of sliding this issue along with some big Financial bill, lobbies hard to get this issue resolved, as a separate entity..
ON the hope that OP has generated, personally, Am I hopeful, that I will get my Green Card in July.
Yes, I am always hopeful that I will get my Green Card next month. No, I dont get frustrated, when I dont.
Yes, i definitely get a little bit ticked off, but thats it.
more...
house Today in DREAMS CRUSHED: Alex
Imm_Exploited
07-23 02:15 AM
rdehar,
I cannot agree with you more. The God-damn Labor Sub was the one of the main causes for the torturous retrogression of EB-based PDs.
Some one correct me if I am wrong; the majority of members on these forums are from India and no one can convince me that this GC wait is NOT absurd.
If the US is benefited from the skilled employees from India and they are not scared of these highly skilled personnel from overtaking the white Americans, starting their own businesses and demanding more moolah for their skills, they would have opened up the GC gates long back.
Free Market My Foot!! If the US did not have me as a bonded slave (read H1B + pending EB status) since last six years, I would have been a millionaire here like any other high school graduate could be. The laws for immigrants here are more stringent than those that are prevalent in communist China.
And one last thing, please nobody advise me to go back home because I am here in the US since it is worse in India. This is a nation of immigrants, and we all should sustain and reiterate it, time and again.
Sincerely - IE
I cannot agree with you more. The God-damn Labor Sub was the one of the main causes for the torturous retrogression of EB-based PDs.
Some one correct me if I am wrong; the majority of members on these forums are from India and no one can convince me that this GC wait is NOT absurd.
If the US is benefited from the skilled employees from India and they are not scared of these highly skilled personnel from overtaking the white Americans, starting their own businesses and demanding more moolah for their skills, they would have opened up the GC gates long back.
Free Market My Foot!! If the US did not have me as a bonded slave (read H1B + pending EB status) since last six years, I would have been a millionaire here like any other high school graduate could be. The laws for immigrants here are more stringent than those that are prevalent in communist China.
And one last thing, please nobody advise me to go back home because I am here in the US since it is worse in India. This is a nation of immigrants, and we all should sustain and reiterate it, time and again.
Sincerely - IE
tattoo alex pettyfer new tattoo.
rampaadh@hotmail.com
05-18 08:37 AM
I have received my Green card & My wifes green card during March. But I did not receive my daughter's (2 yrs old) green card even though it was approved
by Immigration on Feb 24th. I received welcome letter also during March.
When I called the USCIS helpdesk number, they said it was mailed to my address on Feb 28th and it might have been lost and I need to apply for I-90 to get replacement card.
There is no tracking number also. They also said my daughter can use valid AP to enter to USA.
Today I made an appointment through INFO PASS and talked to Immigration officer. He also said the same thing and also added that a Bio-metrics should be taken along with I-90 for my kid.
My daughter is currently in India and planning to come back on July4th. She has a valid advance parole till Jan 2012. But the officer told that she can not enter to USA with Advance parole since her GC was approved. He asked me to contact local US embassy to get some travel document so that she can travel.
I am confused now. Did anyone faced such situation ?
by Immigration on Feb 24th. I received welcome letter also during March.
When I called the USCIS helpdesk number, they said it was mailed to my address on Feb 28th and it might have been lost and I need to apply for I-90 to get replacement card.
There is no tracking number also. They also said my daughter can use valid AP to enter to USA.
Today I made an appointment through INFO PASS and talked to Immigration officer. He also said the same thing and also added that a Bio-metrics should be taken along with I-90 for my kid.
My daughter is currently in India and planning to come back on July4th. She has a valid advance parole till Jan 2012. But the officer told that she can not enter to USA with Advance parole since her GC was approved. He asked me to contact local US embassy to get some travel document so that she can travel.
I am confused now. Did anyone faced such situation ?
more...
pictures alex pettyfer new tattoo. alex
hebron
04-03 10:49 AM
Thanks for the information Roseball and CGS. That really helps.
I take it that it is possible to get 3 years extension without renewing my passport.
One more question- Will the Indian emabassy return my old passport when i renew it? If so, which passport would have my visa stamped if I travel to India and go for visa stamping.
I take it that it is possible to get 3 years extension without renewing my passport.
One more question- Will the Indian emabassy return my old passport when i renew it? If so, which passport would have my visa stamped if I travel to India and go for visa stamping.
dresses alex pettyfer new tattoo.
Steve Mitchell
October 23rd, 2003, 11:44 PM
Funny Don, I was just over at Holliday Park about a week and a half ago scouting a location for a shoot. Too bad that area is fenced off, it would be perfect.
more...
makeup alex pettyfer muscle. New Alex
chanduv23
05-28 03:51 PM
Heard this from our company lawyer .... uscis will issue RFE for all I-485 applications that are pending for a while to make sure the applicant still has the job offer. He got this from a very reliable source. I dont know how true it is...just sharing what I have heard.
RFE for employment verification seems to be common these days. As long as you are eligible to port jobs under AC21 - there is no need to worry if you used AC21.
RFE for employment verification seems to be common these days. As long as you are eligible to port jobs under AC21 - there is no need to worry if you used AC21.
girlfriend alex pettyfer new tattoo.
baldev.thakur
12-13 11:55 AM
Well in case you are TOO NAIVE let me tell you...
If you divorce in US , you can get an ex-partite judgment in your favor probably because your wife cannot challenge the divorce but When you re marry , you can re marry ONLY in US. The minute you land in India that re-marriage is considered illegal and your relationship with your 2nd spouse in US considered - bigamous. Bi gam y is not allowed in Hinduism .
If you prev wife finds out she can sue you and do many more things in India to make life the hell for you .
Can you post some more specific details abt ur case ?
If you divorce in US , you can get an ex-partite judgment in your favor probably because your wife cannot challenge the divorce but When you re marry , you can re marry ONLY in US. The minute you land in India that re-marriage is considered illegal and your relationship with your 2nd spouse in US considered - bigamous. Bi gam y is not allowed in Hinduism .
If you prev wife finds out she can sue you and do many more things in India to make life the hell for you .
Can you post some more specific details abt ur case ?
hairstyles kissing, alex pettyfer and
PlainSpeak
01-13 10:06 AM
I am working on h1b now but my 485 is pending for more than 180 days and have Valid EAD which I didn't use so far.
Since you have a valid EAD you are good status vice. Of course you moving to EAD is letting go of the safety net of H1B but that is something you have no choice on. Make sure you apply for EAD extension excatly 120 days before the expiry of current EAD. Since you are EB2 2006 most probabaly you will only get 1 year EAD
If I get laid off and my employer cancels the h1b, Am i out of status?
If you get laid off because of cost cutting (and not because of performance) you might get some money form teh company depeneding on your number of years of service. You might also get extended medical coverage for your family fo rthe same rate which goes out of your paycheck currently for some time (CORBA rule). Employer will most probabaly cancel your H1B since total H1B count for each company is kept an eye on by USCIS. Cancelling of H1B will NOT make you out of status since you will automatically move to EAD. Best thing right now for you will be to not worry about layoffs but to start search for a new job .Remember on EAD a permenant open ended job is better than a contract job with a end date. If you have the option do NOt join a staffing firm.
2) Can they cancel my approved i 140?
Yes they can because a 140 shows a companies ability to pay and if they need to proceess new GC they wil have problem with existing 140 which tehy do not need to hold since candidate has left. Most probabaly in your companies case since they are in a bad situation financialy they might not cancle 140 because cancellation costs money too. In any case register your 140 on USCIS case status website and keep checking it everyday for any LUD's. If an LUD happens on your 140 and IF its because of company cancelling the 140 uSCIS will send you a NOID (Notice of Intent to Deny) which has a time limit of 30 days to reply. The reply will be that you have joined another compnay with similar job and ur AOS intent is satisfied. For that to happen you need to have another job if and when you get NOID. If no reply is made to teh NIOD then USCIS will cancle your 485 and tat would be bad for you
3) I am planning to use EAD for my next job, How much time do I have to find a new job to be in Status?
See above ....
Hope i was able to help you. I went through the same thing so if you need additonal clarification go ahead and ask me
Since you have a valid EAD you are good status vice. Of course you moving to EAD is letting go of the safety net of H1B but that is something you have no choice on. Make sure you apply for EAD extension excatly 120 days before the expiry of current EAD. Since you are EB2 2006 most probabaly you will only get 1 year EAD
If I get laid off and my employer cancels the h1b, Am i out of status?
If you get laid off because of cost cutting (and not because of performance) you might get some money form teh company depeneding on your number of years of service. You might also get extended medical coverage for your family fo rthe same rate which goes out of your paycheck currently for some time (CORBA rule). Employer will most probabaly cancel your H1B since total H1B count for each company is kept an eye on by USCIS. Cancelling of H1B will NOT make you out of status since you will automatically move to EAD. Best thing right now for you will be to not worry about layoffs but to start search for a new job .Remember on EAD a permenant open ended job is better than a contract job with a end date. If you have the option do NOt join a staffing firm.
2) Can they cancel my approved i 140?
Yes they can because a 140 shows a companies ability to pay and if they need to proceess new GC they wil have problem with existing 140 which tehy do not need to hold since candidate has left. Most probabaly in your companies case since they are in a bad situation financialy they might not cancle 140 because cancellation costs money too. In any case register your 140 on USCIS case status website and keep checking it everyday for any LUD's. If an LUD happens on your 140 and IF its because of company cancelling the 140 uSCIS will send you a NOID (Notice of Intent to Deny) which has a time limit of 30 days to reply. The reply will be that you have joined another compnay with similar job and ur AOS intent is satisfied. For that to happen you need to have another job if and when you get NOID. If no reply is made to teh NIOD then USCIS will cancle your 485 and tat would be bad for you
3) I am planning to use EAD for my next job, How much time do I have to find a new job to be in Status?
See above ....
Hope i was able to help you. I went through the same thing so if you need additonal clarification go ahead and ask me
raj2007
06-20 01:28 PM
I was working for company A as a Title X through H1 B visa
And company A filed my GC sponsorship petition with title Y and I-140 cleared.
I resigned company A for job Title X and joined company B (H1 transfer) (I did not rejected or asked him to cancel my EB based GC petition)
But Company A revoked my EB based sponsored petition.
Is there a legal right for me to ask why did he revokes my EB based sponsorship petition when I have not rejected his offer for GC Title Y
Please clarify
You have no legal right. Employer can sponser and revoke the petition.
And company A filed my GC sponsorship petition with title Y and I-140 cleared.
I resigned company A for job Title X and joined company B (H1 transfer) (I did not rejected or asked him to cancel my EB based GC petition)
But Company A revoked my EB based sponsored petition.
Is there a legal right for me to ask why did he revokes my EB based sponsorship petition when I have not rejected his offer for GC Title Y
Please clarify
You have no legal right. Employer can sponser and revoke the petition.
mallu
07-04 06:44 PM
Firstly, congrats!! BTW, when did you get the fingerprinting completed in your case? Want to get an idea as to how fast the whole process was done. Lets hope it is this way when our turn comes ;)
There is chance things get stuck in security check and rot there for years.
Many Indian applicants will attest to this.
There is chance things get stuck in security check and rot there for years.
Many Indian applicants will attest to this.
No comments:
Post a Comment